Unai Emery

PeterSw

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

His commitment to playing around at the back,  even when we are under pressure we keep doing it, sometimes it bites us but he persist. He knows that if we can get the players to do it well, under pressure , then we have a winning formula.  

It would be easy to abandon it in certain games but he persists, he teaching the players to be better and he's also educating the fans, it's unbelievable tbh. 

It's got to the point where I scream at the telly if we abandon it and just start playing it long, especially Emi.

• Like 1

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine the calibre of player we can attract with Emery in charge and Champions League. You only have to look at how he has improved every player in this team, why wouldn’t you want to join Aston Villa now? 

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

It's got to the point where I scream at the telly if we abandon it and just start playing it long, especially Emi.

Stopped the shouts of "get rid of it!" think half the fans are a little lost when we are passing it around at the back being harassed by the high press. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

Stopped the shouts of "get rid of it!" think half the fans are a little lost when we are passing it around at the back being harassed by the high press. 

The genius of Emery is that he knew we needed a revolution at Aston Villa. He knew that to do that, and where others had failed, he had to lead the entire club and bring the fans with him.

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 1

Did he have a bet on Chelsea winning at half time or something?!

Subs and general team mentality were shocking. Disappointing to see that so soon after the Brentford game.

Yes we're having a very good season but this was what Ollie was talking about in his interview recently. Chelsea weak against the counter and we put on endless defenders and midfielders and just sit back and let them grow into confidence.

In the end we were very lucky to get a point from that.

Comparing this to Brentford game is so stupid, that game we dominated and played well apart from 15min of madness where we lost control. This game we got dominated 90 minutes and were very lucky to be up 2 goals but at the end Chelsea deserved their result. 

1 minute ago, Alakagom said:

Comparing this to Brentford game is so stupid, that game we dominated and played well apart from 15min of madness where we lost control. This game we got dominated 90 minutes and were very lucky to be up 2 goals but at the end Chelsea deserved their result. 

Agree. Chelsea deserved the W tbh 

Just set up too passive today, when we did get it forward we looked very dangerous, but for large parts of the game we just looked like we had no plan for getting the ball up the pitch with too many players too deep and narrow.

I can't help but think we went into today with a lot of borderline injuries and what we saw was a result of that. 

Fingers crossed we have players fit for the next few weeks.

Second worst Unai gameplan we've seen (Spurs still pips that).

Really don't understand why he set us up like that. Can't sit back and just have the ball come back at us all game and expect to soak it all up. Felt like we barely strung 5 passes together. Unai showed them far too much respect. 

They do say that you can sometimes score too early and I think this was one of those games - I remember on Tuesday night - thinking sh@t - that was the worst result possible for us, and going in front so early in the game, I think strangely worked against us. Chelsea did deserve the 3 points imo - When we are good, we can be very good, but what is worrying - is that when teams get after us, we can also look very ordinary - this could be a mentality thing of course, and no doubt will be featured in our pre season signings.

I still think we will limp over the line to 4th but heavily aided by Spuds fixtures 🤞🤞

• Like 1

The Spurs home game and today versus Chelsea are examples of Emery sometimes thinking too much. Wish he would just back our players who man for man are better than those on Spurs and Chelsea. 

Just now, nepal_villan said:

The Spurs home game and today versus Chelsea are examples of Emery sometimes thinking too much. Wish he would just back our players who man for man are better than those on Spurs and Chelsea. 

We aren't able to though. We massively struggle against pace and physicality which those two teams have in abundance. In those games we've rarely looked like winning man for man battles.

• Like 1

Been dealing with a injury ravaged season all season.

Chelsea close to a fully fit team.

Players look tired and it's understandable

• Like 4

Â