Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

He's younger than Pep, he's only 52 he'll manage another couple of teams after he does close to a decade with us. 

5 hours ago, colhint said:

He may not be the best manger in the world but he's certainly in the top one.

He is the Special One 🟣🔵

What Emery has achieved with this squad and the injuries is probably the biggest achievement I’ve seen from a manager in my time as a Villa fan. However I’m under no illusions how difficult the task to progress from here will be next season. Whatever happens I hope the fans always remain behind him. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Villa Gaffa said:

I think Unai will be a big fan of the word Prepare making a comeback.

He's massive on Preparation !

we should just put "8hr Video Sessions", under the badge.

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
On 10/05/2024 at 00:39, Keyblade said:

Imagine us next season after the lessons he's learned this season? With slightly better luck with injuries, I can't even begin to fathom what he'll be cooking next year. Just need to get over the line now. Leave it all out there against Liverpool.

I can....He'll be looking at how to reduce the number of goals we have conceded and trying to emulate Arsenals 11 away game, clean sheets.

He will be well aware, of our weaknesses, and be working on them. What he has done this season, with the personnel at his disposal, is remarkable.....but we all know that. We all know what kind of manager we have.

Our overall season, has exceeded some of our expectations, and that has been achieved by harbouring some great work, and some not so great work....after all, we are WIP

WIP by definition means, we acknowledge, that our progress is in transition, and that we are not the finished article, injuries and Energy levels aside.

Despite, being in transition, we have won 20 games, which is outstanding under the circumstances.

Even if, we do not improve our league table position, next season,  I believe, he will make us more convincing in our performances, and be harder to play against. The attacking element of our team, has had to carry the beacon, and it's been a miraculous effort, but they are running out of steam.( understandably)......He will make us more balanced, next season, of that I am sure.

Never, in my wildest dreams, would I have this group, finishing 4th ( nearly there)..its bonkers.....But McGinn himself has declared, that massive improvement is needed to maintain this level.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Nice for him to get a point against Liverpool. Only club he hasn’t registered any points for while at Villa. 

Edit: Ah never mind, we got a point against them the end of last season. Still looking for his first win. 

Edited by DJBOB

He's just so classy. Never an excuse, never a complaint. Never an insult. Always a greeting before he talks. And he brings quality with it. Never leave Unai!

• Like 1

Â