Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Mantis said:

Once again, working miracles with an injury-ravaged squad.

And not once used the injuries as an excuse. A true gent of the game.

• Like 1

On 30/03/2024 at 22:22, jayEm said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5J2zbpiagH

Don't know how to embed Instagram posts (someone who does, please do!) but this is so, so lovely from Unai Emery. We could not have a better manager at this club right now. How lucky we are!

image.thumb.png.1d3506fdb2db020d4bcec3c7e60f45fc.png

Class by Emery.  Stay strong Sid. I think I have read that Withe has spent some time at Bodymoor as well, lovely touch. 

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

He’s amazing, imagine what he could do for us with another couple of transfer windows and continued development and implementation of his ideas with this team. He’s already my favourite ever Villa manager.

It is staggering. I never thought we'd be dining at the top table in the Premier League again. What a job he has done. I know nobody should be above criticism, but if anyone says a bad word about him, i'll destroy them! :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

He’s amazing, imagine what he could do for us with another couple of transfer windows and continued development and implementation of his ideas with this team. He’s already my favourite ever Villa manager.

Same tbh. In terms of pure managerial ability he's head and shoulders above anyone we've ever had IMO. He's also easily one of the most likeable and humble managers we've had too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Captain_Townsend said:

BuT HE piCkEd bAilEy oN ThE beNcH

He has no idea what he is doing! 

We have some 'special' fans. 

Yep. No sense at all in risking it all when the upside was one point v city and we’re not in the title race versus prioritizing 3 points v Brentford and winning the first leg v Lille. Absolute no brainer and Spurs gifted us the opportunity to take the “free hit” with their draw v west ham. 

4 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

Absolute no brainer and Spurs gifted us the opportunity to take the “free hit” with their draw v west ham. 

I did wonder whether that result influenced his lineup or whether he already made the decision to go weak against City. 

All is fine if we beat Brentford and Lille. 

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

We’ve put unnecessary pressure on us now.

No we haven’t given City’s unbelievable home record.  What Emery has done, whether win, lose or draw this weekend is given our players a better chance of winning because they will be fresher.

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I can’t get my head around why we didn’t go full strength last night

It’s fairly obvious and understandable I think.  Have you never not done something to save yourself for something more important shortly afterwards.  Fans on this website have been saying how fatigued our players have looked the last few months and in a game where we have a small chance of getting a result because of City’s record at home, our injuries, suspensions and our upcoming fixture schedule and more important games then it was wise to rest a few other key players plus give minutes to some fringe players who will also be needed in the upcoming weeks.

10 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

but in Emery we trust

This is the main point!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

It's a narrative that makes us feel better, not sure it's really one that works. 

That performance against city at villa park was best I've seen us play in my lifetime and the effort put into that was ridiculous. Our form after that gamed dipped dramatically (including the arsenal game , which we won but were poor). You have to pick your battles to win a war. And obviously Unai has decided not to take that toll on his team a second time in a season. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

MON's strategy was to rest players in Europe and go after the Champion's League place, so a reverse Unai in this case. What is more important now? The league or the Euro Conf League competition? No idea. Those 3 points dropped could haunt us if we don't qualify.

and you're welcome.

I would rather Unai rested Doug who has played too many games, looks burnt out and walking a disciplinary tight rope.

It's horrible to lose to those plastic cheats, particularly since we beat them before and their defence are rubbish this season, a draw was possible in my opinion. But I trust Unai, but until we know this strategy pays off i'm not going to pretend it's fine as we won't know till later.

3 points dropped away to City, really?!  Even the draw was a tough ask with their record at home.  

I think Unai is taking both as series, he rested players in the away leg v Ajax

4 minutes ago, pete101 said:

That performance against city at villa park was best I've seen us play in my lifetime and the effort put into that was ridiculous. Our form after that gamed dipped dramatically (including the arsenal game , which we won but were poor). You have to pick your battles to win a war. And obviously Unai has decided not to take that toll on his team a second time in a season. 

That's fine, i get the sentiment, I appreciate what he was doing. But i don't have to agree with it and i'm entitled to that opinion.

It will be forgotten when we beat Brentford and Lille hopefully

1 minute ago, beasley14 said:

3 points dropped away to City, really?!  Even the draw was a tough ask with their record at home.  

I think Unai is taking both as series, he rested players in the away leg v Ajax

A City without a first choice defence who looked vulnerable, a draw would have been be a tough result also, but it was 'possible'.

• Like 1

Forgot that Torres was rested too. The more I think about it, the more I think it was a masterstroke by Unai. We'll be as fresh a team as we can hope to be for the next 10 (hopefully 13) games. This is supposed to be the time of the year where the fixtures would take their toll on a team like ours, but we've essentially given some of our key players 2-3 week breaks, while also incentivising the fringe players to put a proper shift in. I expect to see the likes of Zaniolo, Duran and Lenglet more in Europe now, and be confident that we'll be getting good performances out of them.

• Like 2

Â