Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the first half formation was tactical. Played our weaker ones first ( Duran/Rogers) knowing West ham will be tired in 2nd half after playing Thursday, & than unleashed our stronger player ( Diaby / Zaniolo ) against later in the game. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Digavilla said:

Maybe the first half formation was tactical. Played our weaker ones first ( Duran/Rogers) knowing West ham will be tired in 2nd half after playing Thursday, & than unleashed our stronger player ( Diaby / Zaniolo ) against later in the game. 

I think getting more height in the team was planned (it turned out to not really help with set pieces anyway).  We also don't know just how fit Ollie was and Unai might have felt he needed more of a strike partner to help out, plus Duran played well the other day.  Either way when we are so short of midfielders it's going to be tough whichever team he gets on the park.

23 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Missing today:

Kamara

Carlos

McGinn

Ramsey

And that's just from players who have played this season, and not mentioning Mings or Buendia.

The rest of that lot have played 3 times this week. 5 times in 14 days. He's having to juggle keeping them as fresh as humanly possible. Squeaking out a point away at West Ham is actually really good. 

Carlos was on the bench. 

• Like 1

During the England game on Saturday, I was struck that the commentators were speaking about Villa....because they were speaking about Watkins and Konsa, and that they were speaking of them because they had been selected....because of how Unai has developed them.

He's improving players across the board, in some cases to the level of national team selection. and this in turn is raising our profile. All these moving parts, pieces of the puzzle.

Phenomenal. As said, relish him while we have him.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Best manager I have ever seen at our club since I started following 5/6 years ago. He is doing great things and I hope he will continue to do so. I also hope that he turns out to be one of the best managers we ever have. I genuinely believe that we will win a few trophies during his era. I'm not jumping the gun and saying that I am expecting it right now, or that we will win the title with Unai etc, but I do think we can go on to grab some domestic cups under him. As a Villa supporter I have learned to manage unrealistic expectations! I think we will win the Conference League this year, though.

I do have a sinking feeling that he is/will be a bit of a "shooting star" for us, a blink and you'll miss it type thing.

Edited by HeroesAndVillans

19 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Emery’s PPG and rolling 5 game PPG extended beyond this season to show his entire spell so far.

IMG_8310.thumb.jpeg.015b225c96194b9e524d37e9cef667b5.jpeg

i have done something similar, a 5/10/15 game PPG average for 23/24, with conditional formatting for colour coding of PPG etc.

defo had a bit of a PPG drop off over the last 15 games or so, specifically over the 10 game stretch.

image.png.c1074813014a3240680e57335ac0c22f.png

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

i have done something similar, a 5/10/15 game PPG average, with conditional formatting for colour coding of PPG etc.

defo had a bit of a PPG drop off over the last 10 games or so, specifically over the 10 game stretch.

image.png.c1074813014a3240680e57335ac0c22f.png

Thanks that’s great. If we can keep an average of 1.5 then we should finish on 70 points hopefully.

• Like 1

Â