Unai Emery

PeterSw

I remember how excited I was when linked with Emery and then appointing him. I had no idea he would be this good. I just hoped he would steer us away from the bottom three. We have struck gold. Wouldn’t swap him for anybody. 

• Like 4

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, The Other Mat said:

He mentioned in his post match interview that he didn't want us to concede any corners today because the more corners Newcastle have, the more likely it is that they go on to win the game... We conceded 1. Unbelievable attention to detail.

Exactly and then at the other end of the pitch rather than lumping the ball into the box we played a variation of short corner routines to nullify one of their strengths (as they are normally quite strong at heading the ball away)

As you say unbelievable attention to detail.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Exactly and then at the other end of the pitch rather than lumping the ball into the box we played a variation of short corner routines to nullify one of their strengths (as they are normally quite strong at heading the ball away)

As you say unbelievable attention to detail.

Yeah, I’m normally rubbish at noticing this sort of detail but I noticed that we were insisting on short corners to get the ball into the box on the floor rather than have them instantly head it away. To be fair this might have been down to McPhee rather than Emery.

• Like 1

I don’t give a F what anyone says but Don Unai is the best manager in the World. 

Newcastle got on top straightaway after half time and then Don Unai tweaks positions of players and we go and score again. 

4 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Up at 0730 on a Sunday morning for MOTD.

There is nothing Unai can't make me do.

Reddit Football Highlights will allow you to do this and give you a lie in. 

I have to confess I was a little worried when he joined that we were getting a big name manager who might not have been what we needed (call it ignorance about  his tesck record) and had a decent chance of falling foul of the Villa curse of turning good managers  and players into utter cack. A long way to go, but how wrong those doubts were. 

Where a lot of managers have come to Villa talking about what a big club we are etc and seen it as an uphill task to wake a sleeping giant,  he has seen us for what we are - unfashionable, unloved, not one of the elite for a very long time and a bit of an underdog.  He's moulding us into his image in a way I didn't  think  possible and it feels like a great fit. What hadn't clicked for me until yesterday, watching him so clearly  enjoying himself, is what a good fit we are for him  as well as the other way round. He's  not fazed by any of it in the way a lot of our managers have seemed to be in the past. 

I don't think I've ever had such an urge to meet a Villa manager. He's  brilliant, and I'm very happy to say my doubts were wrong

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I thought that after 18 hours the erection would have subsided… apparently not. 

What a fantastic display and orchestrated by this man again. Spurs in our sights now, the relentless Unai train continues. 

what was it Villagra?

• Haha 4

Just thought I would chuck this in just to again show how emery has improved us ( again , we already know)

Conceded 20 goals in 18 games, 14 came in 4 games
3 v Liverpool
3 v man city
4 v arsenal
4 v Leicester

So 6 goals against in 14 games

Scored 33 goals in those 18 games
Biggest goals scored were

3 v Newcastle
3 v Bournemouth
3 v man ure

So 24 goals scored in 15

We are becoming very consistent at scoring and defending, good times !!

Â