Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the Unai cam videos, I wish they'd show footage to all the scenarios he's reacting to. In some of his reactions you can see he's getting a bit frustrated or annoyed by whats happening on the pitch and I wanna know what they are. 

• Like 1

On 15/04/2023 at 20:26, Danaldo said:

IMG-20230415-WA0028.thumb.jpg.31e9a095979852c46a1e3729fa2af9f3.jpg

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

I haven't giggled this much since @fightoffyour made the following world-class lyrics about a chant for the Blues' stadium;

"Falling down and not safe,

Falling down and not saaaaafe,

No, ser-i-ous-ly,

Falling down and not safe" 

:crylaugh:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

On the Unai cam videos, I wish they'd show footage to all the scenarios he's reacting to. In some of his reactions you can see he's getting a bit frustrated or annoyed by whats happening on the pitch and I wanna know what they are. 

Yeah I wonder what the context is for a lot of them. Would be hilarious if it was something seemingly small like a pass that was slightly behind. Seems like to get furious about those things rather than missed shots.

Like how he's just a spectator when we're in the box. Nothing left to do for him there - all up to the players.

He's so good at recognizing the little moments. When Luiz receives the pass from Mings as build up for the first goal, he really urges Luiz forward, knowing that this line break will lead to a good opportunity. Really all part of his philosophy. Slow, slow at the back but once the line break happens, then it has to be tempo.

Equally bemused when Buendia hit the ball slightly behind Watkins for the 2nd goal, Unai was also wondering what Buendia was doing. Part of being a manager for the Buendia-types. Even Unai doesn't know what he's doing half the time but it worked out.

Edited by DJBOB

I like how, when Ollie turns to score his second, he's cheering as he turns, knowing that Ollie is going to score even before he takes the shot.

He seems to involve MacPhee alot, something I think Gerrard never did. I think he and Danks were begrudgingly allowed near the dugout.

How, in his own way, he is acknowledging the Holte when they chant his name but rather than give them a wave. It's a proper geeing up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SecretVillaScout said:

Emery Cam has dropped

What’s he doing at 6mins there? Is he gesturing to the crowd to throw up some distractions with their hands? Or something else with the defence? 

I was watching the Unai cam just now and I'll admit I don't understand his instruction gestures much. But then I never played much 11-a-side football for a team as a kid or as an adult, very little, I guess that doesn't help. :s But anyway... the players 🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓  seem to understand his gestures so that's good !

Edited by robby b

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

How, in his own way, he is acknowledging the Holte when they chant his name but rather than give them a wave. It's a proper geeing up.

I missed this on first viewing.

And 27th viewing. 

28th viewing it is!

This weeks Unai Cam features me in the background for most of it.  My daughter has asked who exactly I was gesticulating to, the Geordie in the box next to the Holte who disappeared after the 2nd goal.

I'm more than willing to sit dow with him over tapas, patatas bravas, croquetas and a good bottle of Rioja for the forum and talk his Psyche and love of Villa.

Nothing to do with my addiction to patatas bravas, or love of this beautiful Basque god at all.

Edited by stewiek2

2 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

I'm more than willing to sit dow with him over tapas, patatas bravas, croquetas and a good bottle of Rioja for the forum and talk his Psyche and love of Villa.

Nothing to do with my addiction to patatas bravas, or love of this beautiful Basque god at all.

I love patatas bravas! 👍 And Rioja. And some tapas. And paella! All delicious.

Edited by robby b
  • Like 1

Â