Unai Emery

PeterSw

This is how good he is . I'm following the bears score. Now we lost a day through rain. But we're in a strong position. The 5th wicket needed to be broken, they had been digging in. So I came into VT, read the Unai thread to back to the bears and a wicket has been taken.

Make that 2

Edited by colhint
  • Like 3

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He's done the "Big" club thing. He knows even success isn't good enough, you've got to win literally every game and win trophy after trophy never ending or you're a failure. 

I suspect he's happier to be somewhere where he's just really appreciated and can do some good work. 

I have a hunch he'll be hear for a few years. 

I absolutely pray we've found our Alex Ferguson or our Arsen Wenger.   Please don't ever let us get so arrogant that we hound him out because we've only finished 6th. 

I imagine the bonkers Chelsea owner has been trying to get hold of him. Let's hope Unai just says "Who?, sorry I've never heard of Chelsea Soccer Franchise. I'm Aston Villa"

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He's done the "Big" club thing. He knows even success isn't good enough, you've got to win literally every game and win trophy after trophy never ending or you're a failure. 

I suspect he's happier to be somewhere where he's just really appreciated and can do some good work. 

I absolutely pray we've found our Alex Ferguson or our Arsen Wenger.   Please don't ever let us get so arrogant that we hound him out because we've only finished 6th. 

I agree 100% with this.

52 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Emery will go once he feels he has achieved all he can. If that is qualifying for Europe then he may be gone sooner than if he feels we could be a force in the Champions league. I've no doubt he wants to have a good chance of winning the CL before he retires, so he isn't going to hang around treading water with us if we can't make that happen. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Emery will go once he feels he has achieved all he can. If that is qualifying for Europe then he may be gone sooner than if he feels we could be a force in the Champions league. I've no doubt he wants to have a good chance of winning the CL before he retires, so he isn't going to hang around treading water with us if we can't make that happen. 

Let's not worry about this now eh. It's only been a few months. 

18 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

We will at the very least get 3 years out of Unai. Buckle up boy and girls because those that suffer with vertigo are about to get queasy. 

First season - 6th place finish

Second season - win Europa League

Third season - CL semi final

I'll take that if that's all we get 🤣

His CV speaks for itself and pretty much all  of us were blown away by the appointment, but did anyone actually expect the turn around to happen so quickly with just one signing? (I’m not including Duran because he has barely featured)

Its truly remarkable what has been achieved so quickly, individually and collectively. We’ve hit the jackpot with this guy. 

Regsrding the comments above about keeping hold of him. I honestly believe that he’s the sort of coach that prefers to build rather than take on the finished article. He’s loved here, and he knows that the potential at the club is huge. I’ll think he’ll want to stay and achieve something here. 

If Don Unai wanted to he could have easily already managed Real, Barca, Bayern etc. he seems to be one of those mad bastards who gets a buzz out of managing teams that are underachieving and then overachieving with them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

First season - Top four & Champs league

Second season - Prem Title, Champions League

Third season - Community Shield, Prem title, FA Cup, Carabao Cup, Champions League European super cup, key to the city of Birmingham. Statue outside the Holte.

FTFY

Edited by stewiek2

17 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

If Don Unai wanted to he could have easily already managed Real, Barca, Bayern etc. he seems to be one of those mad bastards who gets a buzz out of managing teams that are underachieving and then overachieving with them.

It's a stereotype but, he is Basque. They're made different.

• Like 1

The main thing I see from the team is they have started to work hard in every game. Was a proper bug bare of mine, watching them stroll around the pitch, with Gerrard sitting with his head in his hands. Emery seems the kind that will just not put up with players not working hard for him.

I know this might seem a bit reactionary to the brilliance this man has produced, but would anyone be upset if we did a Pardew and gave him a stupidly long contract? 

I know I bloody wouldn’t. 

We will match his wages he'll be offered anywhere else and he will get the keys to running the club exactly how he likes. I'd like to think he will be here a long time, the sooner we get into Europe the better though. 

Â