Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, robby b said:

I love patatas bravas! 👍 And Rioja. And certain tapas. And paella! All delicious.

My ex is from Merida in Venezuela to a Spanish dad and Venezuelan mom.

I'm borderline addicted to patatas bravas. Oh and have a love for padron peppers, hams, croquetas, mussels steamed in their own juices and nothing else too now thanks to my 5 ears with her.

Te amo mi amigo. Te amo.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I think it's strange how little attention he and Villa has got in the media, BBC or SKY Sports haven't written much at all except the usual pre game articles and reports after the games. When we end up in forth place they will.

There is quite a bit of attention now TBF. Unai's heroics are very newsworthy at the moment. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

My ex is from Merida in Venezuela to a Spanish dad and Venezuelan mom.

I'm borderline addicted to patatas bravas. Oh and have a love for padron peppers, hams, croquetas, mussels steamed in their own juices and nothing else too now thanks to my 5 ears with her.

Te amo mi amigo. Te amo.

I thought 5 ears was a colloquial Spanish term for 2.5 children when reading that for the first time. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Frodo said:

Love the Unai Emery, don't think I've ever seen a more beautiful thing 😍 except the wife 🤫

Christ. I'm gonna need pics.  She must be a stunner you lucky dog. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

what annoys me about that is that they made fun of the fella for being polite and respectful by starting his press conferences or interviews with a pleasantry ("good evening").

fair play to him that on his return he has continued to greet people in the same manner with the same salutation. and they can like it or lump it

I think he does it deliberately with emphasis now. 

I'm polite, **** you if you think it's funny. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:
  • Don't think I've ever seen a manager who is so uninterested in taking any limelight whatsoever. It's incredible.

When we were calling for him to give us a wave I turned to my lad and said Emery is not that man. 

Far too frivolous and distracting from the (clearly already won) game. 

19 minutes ago, sidcow said:

When we were calling for him to give us a wave I turned to my lad and said Emery is not that man. 

Far too frivolous and distracting from the (clearly already won) game. 

At this point guys already working on an algorithm for the next game.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Exactly what it says, Emery’s record against other managers. He’s never beaten Pep, and only beaten Klopp once.

He's on his way to breaking a few records. They are there to be broken.

8 hours ago, duke313 said:

Exactly what it says, Emery’s record against other managers. He’s never beaten Pep, and only beaten Klopp once.

Thanks, but it doesn't SAY that anywhere. Now I get it. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 4

Bit in The Athletic, don’t think it’s been posted previously. Bit of an overview, but elsewhere in the article it references Unai’s team and the integration of the current back room team at Villa, with particular reference to VT’s favourite set piece coach.

Early into his tenure, Emery started increasing the time spent on team meetings and video analysis. A giggling McGinn said: “As long as you stay concentrated in the meetings, which are… quite long… you know what you are doing going into the game on a Saturday and it is really enjoyable.”

Some players became concerned as he pulled no punches in front of the group. If a player was not following his demands they would be told bluntly. On the other hand, when players perform well, Emery is keen to praise them. For example, he highlighted Ashley Young in recent weeks as the 37-year-old has covered for the injured Matty Cash.

Emery, it’s said, is not a manager who holds long, personal conversations with his players — and at the start, his approach took a lot of getting used to — but when he checks in on those who are out of the team, he’s said to be caring and considerate.

The Athletic link

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 16/04/2023 at 22:01, MWARLEY2 said:

Used to hate that every time villa was mentioned it was prefixed with ( Steven Gerrards ) Aston Villa. 

I fookin love it when its Unai Emerys Aston Villa now. Proud to be associated with the gentleman genius 

He is a gentleman, and I think its a massive plus.....I love his polite Intro of " Good morning, good afternoon or Good Evening"

Humility is so powerful, when allied to his genius.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â