Unai Emery

PeterSw

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m ok with it.  I think having a WC now is BS but the break for us, Villa, I’m ok with.  It gives Unai time with the squad which he’s barely had and it’s now guaranteed that I’m going to have a really happy month feeling good about the Villa and in time for Xmas.  

This past year and even 18 months or more has been football supporting wise incredibly hard, emotional and demoralising but now 2 Emery league wins (3 league wins in four), a fantastic new manager and potentially a great future…. I get to bathe in this wonderfulness for the next month.  

I’m ok with it, still get to still watch a load of football without so much emotional attachment with England.  Then with the Villa players rested, more time for Emery to instilling his ways and then Xmas out the way, I’ll be refreshed….bring it on.

It's actually really good timing. 

Allows two things: 

1) Wheedle out the underperformers and those he doesn't rate whilst drilling his tactics into the players properly. 

2) Identify holes in the squad to improve in the Jan window which comes straight after the break. 

• Like 3

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

Not had a manager this good since Deano.

Feels so good to feel positive about the club again.

I don't think we've actually had a manager this good in my lifetime - or at least my memory of supporting Villa (I'm 36).  Obviously that's different to being successful but, as a manager, I think he's probably the best one I've seen us employ.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't think we've actually had a manager this good in my lifetime - or at least my memory of supporting Villa (I'm 36).  Obviously that's different to being successful but, as a manager, I think he's probably the best one I've seen us employ.

I’m 47 and remember the Ron Atkinson times well and some of the football back then was sublime. The Deano times were also good in large parts, especially getting out of the Championship.

However, this is different in the sense of we appear to have someone now that is very tactically astute. Can hold his own in the company of elite managers. The future looks very bright for us. 

2 hours ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Emery intends to be here for a long time. He said it in his unveiling presser.

He also has a direct line to Nas by the sounds of it. He will have a lot of freedom here while I think Boehly at Chelsea seems to want to be hands on

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

The crazy thing is we are 5 points away from liverpool if we beat them at VP we are 2 points behind them

It is even better than that. Liverpool are on 22 points and we have 18 points. That makes a 4 points difference and if we beat them we are one point behind.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

not sure what you mean. Jeff Stelling and his Soccer Saturday clearings in the woods were saying that Tony Pulis was a better manager than Van Gaal

also said Tim Sherwood getting sacked was why we got relegated and hiring Remi Garde with some French players was the reason

Speaking of Sherwood, saw a clip on YouTube where he said Gerrard should have been given more time and that Southampton were right to sack Hasenhuttl.

Anyway, perfect start for Unai bar the cup. Can see us doing a job on Liverpool especially with Unai's Tactics Truck.

40 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He also has a direct line to Nas by the sounds of it. He will have a lot of freedom here while I think Boehly at Chelsea seems to want to be hands on

Definitely feels like a Nas signing. He was probably like 'hold my beer' after Purslow's Gerrard disaster.

47 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Anybody knows why it went wrong at Arsenal towards the end?

I mean what actually happened?

Because he started well finishing 5th and reaching an Europa League final.

Bizarre fan base who thought Wenger waa stopping them winning titles until they realised he was overperforming at times

Next guy in was getting a bashing

49 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Anybody knows why it went wrong at Arsenal towards the end?

I mean what actually happened?

Because he started well finishing 5th and reaching an Europa League final.

No one knows for sure but the poor results started at the end of his first season and continued into the start of the new season.

I saw a quote saying he wanted to change certain things at arsenal and the hierarchy wouldn't let him. However under arteta they have since changed the things emery originally requested. Maybe emery became frustrated and let it affect his performance. He says he learnt from the experience at arsenal, so let's hope he acts differently if he gets in the same situation here. 

4 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Whoever followed Wenger or Fergie was on a hiding to nothing. He doesn't have that problem at Villa, we've been shit for years. He can build his own legacy here and not have to listen to any "but so and so will be a hard act to follow" bullshit. 

We'll get the real Unai

Completely accurate analysis, although a very amusing way of putting  👏

Â