Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To think where we might be in the league if Emery arrived a little earlier. Top eight, top six?

I'd really hope Emery makes Villa a tough opponent on a consistent basis, winning at home, beating teams we should be beating such as Bournemouth, Forest etc. And taking points away from home.

There seems to be a top seven forming in the PL yet one of them or maybe two can be caught. Chelsea seem hit and miss, Brighton will likely drop out, the race for top eight is surely on.

UTV

• Like 1

I think the fact he is happy changing the team for specific games and game plans. That he uses all 5 subs too means he will utilise a squad very well. McGinn captain when he starts and Martinez when he doesn't. Sticking with that for the season seems fine to me. 

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

I think the fact he is happy changing the team for specific games and game plans. That he uses all 5 subs too means he will utilise a squad very well. McGinn captain when he starts and Martinez when he doesn't. Sticking with that for the season seems fine to me. 

Would like to see Emi made captain for next season.

• Like 1

Players deserve credit too for quickly buying into his ideas compared to the Garde reign(can't believe was actually comparisons on here 😂).

Some especially in the media tried to spin we had some bad eggs but in reality they just wanted to work with a natural winner

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Im absolutely delighted with his start but I do think we are getting a little ahead of ourselves.  Don’t forget Gerrard had us winning 4 of his first 6 games.

We cant deny the new manager bounce is a thing.

That's the spirit

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ha I know but it also means I won’t cry and act like the world is over when we lose a game. Extremes and all that. 

=4th in table games since Gerrard left and Gerrard start irrelevant without Beale. 

52 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ha I know but it also means I won’t cry and act like the world is over when we lose a game. Extremes and all that. 

Clearly there was sound thinking behind complaints about Stevie. The evidence was there for all to see.

I doubt we'll see such garbage from Unai. I can't get over the clear change of style so quickly. Winning at Brighton with that XI is out of this world.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Im absolutely delighted with his start but I do think we are getting a little ahead of ourselves.  Don’t forget Gerrard had us winning 4 of his first 6 games.

We cant deny the new manager bounce is a thing.

It's more than just a bounce.  Tactically it is night and day.  In game management is night and day

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Clearly there was sound thinking behind complaints about Stevie. The evidence was there for all to see.

I doubt we'll see such garbage from Unai. I can't get over the clear change of style so quickly. Winning at Brighton with that XI is out of this world.

I actually thought we looked really good in Gerrards first 2 games and the tactics/tweaks made worked well. 

But yes I get the two managers are worlds apart. 

I just hope the fans stay grounded if we go on little bit of bad form and remember Unai is the real deal and here for the long term. I’m sure the majority will.

• Like 1

Â