Unai Emery

PeterSw

6 hours ago, viivvaa66 said:

I don’t think we ever hear the phrase “give him time”, under Emery. He is just class, and class doesn’t need time.

As a long time Villa fan, I know when I start to believe it will all come crushing down, but this time it all looks so good, a decent squad, owners that are willing to back the club, a manager that is just amazing. I believe this is the start of something good.

He’ll need some patience, but not “time.” There will inevitably be a clunker or two on the way, but unlike other regimes he won’t need a transfer window and months to implement his system. Unai seems comfortable working with what he’s got.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Can’t help shake that nagging feeling that this season has been a unnecessary waste. We really should have picked up 6-8 points more against the likes of Bournemouth, Fulham, Forest and Leeds. Not to mention we were very, very good against Chelsea for the most part.

Hopefully Emery can get us fighting for a top 10 finish. I still think we’re short of a few players to do it but for the first time in however long, I really have faith in our manager. 

I genuinely believe we should be looking at an extra 12 points at the very least out of the fixtures we've played, but totally with you, what a massive waste the start of the season has been.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Feels great to wake up this morning and look forward to the extended highlights. In a season where I’ve purposely missed watching games and not bothered with the highlights, I’m finally glad to have my enthusiasm back. 

I know it’s only one game, but it means so much as it effectively resets our future course and gives us all so much hope and enjoyment. Soak it up lads! It will be four days until we do it again :D

Are extended highlights available anywhere?

It's been so long since I've actually wanted to watch some....

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Can’t help shake that nagging feeling that this season has been an unnecessary waste. We really should have picked up 6-8 points more against the likes of Bournemouth, Fulham, Forest and Leeds. 

If we'd done that, Gerrard would still be in charge. 

• Like 3

This man is everything you could wish for in a coach so far. Friendly and respectful. A livewire in the technical area. Has an obvious plan that he has been able to get over to his players in 3 or 4 sessions. And is not an arse. 

Imagine having Ten Hag coaching you. Unacceptable and they do not follow the rules is the stuff that comes out of his mouth. Like some kind of deputy head of an underperforming senior school

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm going to get in touch with Unai and get him to put me on the payroll.

The last 5 games I've been to we've won with an aggregate score of 15-1. And 4 of those were Gerrard games

And that one goal against was the Man Utd goal which I missed because I was getting a beer, so technically that doesn't count because I wasn't in the stands.

He's not here to try change the world mate, just to manage and coach our football team. 😂

As far as opening acts go, that was pretty flawless. Utd were dog, but take nothing away from how good we were. Our goals were all beautiful, proper stuff of dreams. The press, the organisation, the coaching from the sidelines, the subs, the control we exterted, the belief he instilled so quickly into a group that had been looking lost previously, the mentality; not to crumble, which feels ingrained in this club somehow regardless of era just seemed to evaporate.

Numero Uno Unai Emery delivered unmistakable unagi to those cheating scumbags and I just thank him for making me happy this week. There’s a nice symmetry that it was 3-1 again after all those years. Really want that win on Thursday now and I believe we’ll go and get it with this genius cooking up a new gameplan.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Unai done in his 1st game what almost 10 managers failed to do?

We can now play at villa park and not worry about this curse thanks to this man

Who was the 'almost' manager? 😂

I think we all know. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

It is what it is. The past is the past. Timing is everything and that can include the abject failure that Gerrard was aligning at the right time Emery was ready to move

Exactly this. A lot of what we saw yesterday is as a consequence of what preceded it. 

It's not as simple as to say that had Gerrard not been appointed we would've gotten Unai last season. Chances are it would've been someone else, and that person would probably have done better than Gerrard. 

The gloom, toxicity and grim, clueless football that Gerrard left us with may have amplified NSWE's resolve to get an elite manager to look after their prize investment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Can’t help shake that nagging feeling that this season has been an unnecessary waste. We really should have picked up 6-8 points more against the likes of Bournemouth, Fulham, Forest and Leeds. Not to mention we were very, very good against Chelsea for the most part.

Hopefully Emery can get us fighting for a top 10 finish. I still think we’re short of a few players to do it but for the first time in however long, I really have faith in our manager. 

Top 10 finish should be a breeze. Some poor teams in the PL this season 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Exactly this. A lot of what we saw yesterday is as a consequence of what preceded it. 

It's not as simple as to say that had Gerrard not been appointed we would've gotten Unai last season. Chances are it would've been someone else, and that person would probably have done better than Gerrard. 

The gloom, toxicity and grim, clueless football that Gerrard left us with may have amplified NSWE's resolve to get an elite manager to look after their prize investment.

Unai couldn't have come last season, Villareal had a big hand in him not going to Newcastle, they then put a release clause in his contract, which we paid ro get him out, Villareal then had no choice.

Right place, right time luckly for us. Unlucky for Poch not us, is also what I'm now thinking. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gompedyret said:

It's not a glitch in the Matrix, yet it plays as one!

A plan B always helps, with a bit of motivation, something the scouse guy seemed to struggle with.

Just sitting down nearly all game does not help the team either 

Â