Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Rich_H said:

If we can get a part 2 for Friday morning I think I’m set for entertainment over Christmas. 

The club should release this as a Christmas special. Comedy gold, a timeless classic. Part  2 in the can by Friday morning.  It’ll give us all something to watch during the Oil Cup. 

I know someone has already used this analogy but he is genuinely like an orchestral conductor on the sidelines. 

Whereas the previous incumbent was like a sulky child who had been dragged to watch the orchestra so sat mute with arms folded on the sideline

23 minutes ago, weedman said:

You nearly miss it with the players waking past but that little smile as the ball is cut back is everything

Yes! That, and I love his steely look as he mutters something around 27-28 seconds. As in, we ain't losing this, it's done.

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its only a week but one thing I admire is he gets the club. Deano got it and if want call him a manager Sherwood did

Others constantly talked us down in public, we know we arent top 6 but being a pushover is not what fans want

Much better than hearing 'Chelsea should be wiping the floor with us'. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its only a week but one thing I admire is he gets the club. Deano got it and if want call him a manager Sherwood did

Others constantly talked us down in public, we know we arent top 6 but being a pushover is not what fans want

Gerrard saying Chelsea should wipe the floor with us was the final straw for many.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

We need some pace for the tactics to work and we are lacking in this area, outside the first XI. I think that will be a priority for Emery in the January window. 

I am hoping that Emery recruits for the first XI rather than the bench.  We want our current players to have to raise their game to get into the first XI rather than not drop their game in order to avoid ending up on the bench.  That said I think that some players will really thrive in this formation / approach and so we could see two or three that become almost as good as new signings.  Plus of course we have Kamara and Carlos to come back too.

Just now, Pinebro said:

He also went to see Liverpool when our U21 was playing.

I don’t want to make this about our previous manager, but man we were down bad. He even invited that mob boss to a Liverpool game instead of one of ours, not like I would want him to be associated to our club anyway.

Â