PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Are you sure about that ?

spacer.png

Hahaha! I think he could do quite a good job with the Philarmonic Orchestra. 

Hey, I think this is that awful game where we were 2-0 up with about 20 mins to go and ended up losing 3-2... mainly because of these very baffling hand gesture instructions above in the 66th minute... they made the Villa team suddenly very confused. :s

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If you look at these mangerial appointments 

Mcleish

Sherwood 

Garde

Di matteo

Bruce

Smith

Gerrard

Emery

With all due respect to smith None of the managers come anywhere near to emerys CV. It really is a massive coup for us

None of them touch his CV.

Emery would have been welcomed by all with open arms last season. The fact we gambled on an amateur to replace Smith who had done so much great work was obscene.

• Like 4

Just watched the emery cam from the game, he needs to calm down a bit, he will give himself a heart attack.

Great to see so much passion and detail throughout the game constantly looking at things that need sorting.

Makes a change from " go on lads produce a moment of magic " and then nothing.

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Emery would have been welcomed by all with open arms last season. The fact we gambled on an amateur to replace Smith who had done so much great work was obscene.

Yeah it was madness really i can see the appeal in gerrard big name player big name in england etc but all you have to do is look at the failures of lampard gerrard etc

It was a huge gamble that backfired. Thankfully they learned from their mistake.

On 05/11/2022 at 19:14, sidcow said:

Dear Unai, 

Please please please stop us being shit at taking throw ins. 

Just a couple of players showing for the ball and trying to shake off defenders should do the trick. 

Thanks, 

Sidcow 

I'll buy you the " Villa's best throw ins of all time ,video" for Xmas.

Newly produced, great watch.

Endorsed by none other than Unai Emery.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, robby b said:

Hey, I think this is that awful game where we were 2-0 up with about 20 mins to go and ended up losing 3-2... mainly because of these very baffling hand gesture instructions above in the 66th minute... they made the Villa team suddenly very confused. :s

He knows what he means....its just his hands don't.

ps The bloke in the High Viz, looks interested.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, robby b said:

I distinctly remember the game being analysed and them showing us having only one player in central midfield for the last 20 mins. No idea why. 

36 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Mcleish

Sherwood 

Garde

Di matteo

Bruce

Smith

Gerrard

Emery

With all due respect to smith None of the managers come anywhere near to emerys CV. It really is a massive coup for us

You can even throw O'Neill in here, and it rings true. 

24 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

We would never have got Emery last year, as Newcastle discovered.

We should have replaced Smith with a better manager than Gerrard, but I don’t think it would have been with someone as good as Emery. It has taken a disappointing 12 months for NSWE to step in and get a truly elite manager.

48 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Mcleish

Sherwood 

Garde

Di matteo

Bruce

Smith

Gerrard

Emery

That's quite a horrific list bar Deano & Emery. 

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

We would never have got Emery last year, as Newcastle discovered.

We should have replaced Smith with a better manager than Gerrard, but I don’t think it would have been with someone as good as Emery. It has taken a disappointing 12 months for NSWE to step in and get a truly elite manager.

Maybe Emery was first choice last year and, with the lack of someone with a similar calibre, they decided Gerrard was worth a punt.

We'll never know!

48 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Mcleish

Sherwood 

Garde

Di matteo

Bruce

Smith

Gerrard

Emery

you could even go back further, outside of George Ramsey (1884 to 1926 - 12 honours) and Tony Barton ( 1982 - 1984, who may have won the European Cup but didnt have much in the way of honours prior to actually being at Villa afaik in terms of honours count), have we ever in our history ever recruited such a decorated manager as Emery?

Genuine question that, i cant think of one off the top of my head.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

you could even go back further, outside of George Ramsey (1884 to 1926 - 12 honours) and Tony Barton ( 1982 - 1984, who may have won the European Cup but didnt have much in the way of honours prior to actually being at Villa afaik in terms of honours count), have we ever in our history ever recruited such a decorated manager as Emery?

Genuine question that, i cant think of one off the top of my head.

I think big ron was a coup for us at the time. MON had won abit bit nothing like emery.

I literally think emery is the biggest name manager we have ever had

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â