Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bardell in awe of our " system " or lack of. lol

To be fair it confused the shite out of me as well, people were popping up all over the place.

I assume it did the same to Man U.

It's like some sort of precise, organised chaos!

Sure i saw one of the Pod guys say look " this isn't even about Dean Smith, or Gerrard, and no disrespect to either, you can tell that this bloke is on a different level altogether "

EDIT: Yes, he also seems like a very genuine bloke who the players and fans will love!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Great result and it already looks like.emery has had an input and the players have listened.and executed it well.

Especially like.his Press conference at the end....good points....and things to work on.

We have the players to attack and create when confident.

For me...emery will work on our defensive shape better. We still drop too deep.under pressure shaws goal a perfect example 7 players in the box to their 4....our back line on the 6 yard box....defend the 18 midfield pick up the bits that come out....in this case where Shaw was.

But...its a good start....a big 3 points...on to the next one 

Utv 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Unai has come out and said we're still underperforming, even after that result. I'm looking forward to him going through the performance with the players, looking for ways to improve rather than patting himself on the back.

I genuinely feel he'll go through every last detail, trying to eliminate sloppy passes, spotting runs that could've been made, improving decision making and positional awareness. 

It will take time, but we have phenomenomal resources, a squad to build upon and genuinely one of the best managers in the game.

Exciting times. 

Even though it was a comfortable win I think we could have done more today which sounds weird. If Unai thinks similar I am delighted😁

57 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Already more points versus the Big 6 than the previous manager.

Danks didn’t manage us against a Big 6 team.😘

If we win against Brighton, we have gotten the same number of points in 4 games that Gerrard used 11 games to reach.

1 hour ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Sorry if this has been said but just back from the game, was behind him in lower trinity stand and the way he was directing the team pointing to space behind shaw, telling them to slow down, talking to players off the ball, especially in the first half was first class. Was like watching a composer at work playing his band. Not seen anything like it before first hand.  Can’t wait to see what this man can do moving forward. 

Brilliant comment, thanks for the insight.

8 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

The lack of a system in his system was amazing.

I saw:

• Both Mings and Konsa break forward from defense at different times - all the way to the forward line
  • Dendonker as the most forward player
  • Bailey on the left, no, the right, no, the left again!
  • Buendia dropping deep to get the ball, playing advanced central, playing left
  • Digne and Cash only breaking forward occasionally
  • Emi Martinez taking more touches with his feet than any other game in recent memory
  • 4-4-2, then 4-2-3-1,  then 4-3-1-2, then 4-5-1 all at different times in the game.

The fluidity caught us out a few times, as we had players suddenly occupying the same space and getting in each others way - but image how good this will be after being coached in it for more than a few days!

I'm excited.

We had System Steve and now we have Un-System Unai, a system within a system that isn't a system.

Edited by Mantis

59 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

Danks didn’t manage us against a Big 6 team.😘

If we win against Brighton, we have gotten the same number of points in 4 games that Gerrard used 11 games to reach.

Newcastle are third. 

2 hours ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Sorry if this has been said but just back from the game, was behind him in lower trinity stand and the way he was directing the team pointing to space behind shaw, telling them to slow down, talking to players off the ball, especially in the first half was first class. Was like watching a composer at work playing his band. Not seen anything like it before first hand.  Can’t wait to see what this man can do moving forward. 

I could hear his voice watching the game at home. Great contrast to Gerrard slouching in his seat whenever the going got tough.

• Like 1

I don’t think we ever hear the phrase “give him time”, under Emery. He is just class, and class doesn’t need time.

As a long time Villa fan, I know when I start to believe it will all come crushing down, but this time it all looks so good, a decent squad, owners that are willing to back the club, a manager that is just amazing. I believe this is the start of something good.

Really liked his post game interview.

Low key, not going overboard with emotion.

Showed happiness, but overall determination to keep improving. Almost calculated in his ways.

Maturity/mentality wise he's so far beyond Gerrard.

• Like 2

Â