Unai Emery

PeterSw

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Yeah i cant see them getting rod of cutler he looks popular at villa. But guess will be doen to what emery wants.

If it is what Emery wants I've got no problems with it.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

From an Arsenal fan I know:

I think he might do OK there. He thrives when he works with an underdog team who expect to have less than 50% possession. He doesn’t know how to coach vs. inferior teams who set up in a low block and shun possession. His whole coaching philosophy is based on countering the other team’s strength, but that doesn’t work very often at Arsenal or PSG.

He’ll do much better than Stevie G, but the football will be dull.

Sounds exactly like Nuno Santo this.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah i cant see them getting rod of cutler he looks popular at villa. But guess will be doen to what emery wants.

Yeah thats a good point. As long as he has his no 2 with him thats whats important.  Dont mind mcphee leaving but id keep danks definitely 

Our organisation from set pieces were good Sunday, Gerrard probably wasn’t listening to him or Danks.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Can we have the "Emerys claret and blue army" chant.

Always better like that, like Gregory's claret and blue army.

Stevie G’s replacement’s claret and blue army. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 1

Seems an extremely astute appointment. However (maybe it's the Villa fan in me sensing that we can't have nice things) my only concern is that the only 2 non-home-nation managers we've ever had (Venglos & RDM) have been a disaster. 

Can AVFC thrive with a European manager? It would seem to be the right time with the ownership that we have and the very international playing squad. I just hope it works!

Welcome Emery!

6 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

If it is what Emery wants I've got no problems with it.

I would actually. It’s not the way to treat good servants of the club especially those who are actually good at their jobs. I think with some creative thinking they could find roles for both of them if necessary. 

10 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

From an Arsenal fan I know:

I think he might do OK there. He thrives when he works with an underdog team who expect to have less than 50% possession. He doesn’t know how to coach vs. inferior teams who set up in a low block and shun possession. His whole coaching philosophy is based on countering the other team’s strength, but that doesn’t work very often at Arsenal or PSG.

He’ll do much better than Stevie G, but the football will be dull.

I've read from multiple different fans of multiple different teams that he plays attractive, attacking football.

I just hope he has a bit of luck on the way. Villa this season didn't. I wasn't against Gerrard but it turned sour quickly. It wasn't his fault he lost his two big signings so quickly. Emery is a big upgrade and I'm delighted. What I'm hoping is he has a bit of luck to go with his obvious ability. I'm also hoping he can make us think some players who we all thought we're rubbish we actually pretty good aswell

• Like 1

I won’t post the actually tweet because of the f word, but Gregg Evans tweeted this 🤣

Bruce-Smith (7 days) Smith-Gerrard (5 days) Gerrard-Emery (4 days) NSWE and Christian Purslow rarely #### about at #AVFC .

Â