Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, imavillan said:

I can not imagine for one moment that significant funds will not be made available.

Surely that would have been one of his questions when asking about the 'plan'

With the squad we have, I do think we are at the quality over quantity stage of making signings. 

We are moving more towards quality signings and I imagine certain midfielders are off in the next window, and we need some wingers, some of which Unai knows very well.

3 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

We saw what they're capable of against Brentford. Don't see why a manager like Emery couldn't pull even more out of them.

I agree!

A manger will always have a couple of tweaks, or want a couple of players they trust though.

Even from Villareal perhaps.

14 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Emery is definitely NOT a tier below Pochettino/Tuchel etc. if he had a FIFA rating it would be around 85/86. Pep/Klopp would be in the 90’s. Pochettino /Tuchel around 88 

Dyche would be 99. 😬.

You cannot contain The Dyche within a simple 0-100 scale. He transcends simple grades.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Feel like we wasted a year tbh, this was the sort of signing we should have made after Smith. But no hard feelings, we signed some good players in that time (even if we did somewhat rip up the transfer strategy), and Unai will get a tune out of the likes of Coutinho and Digne you would think.

Luck in leisure, my dad always told me.  Imagine if Dr T had got us promoted.  Thinks turn out as they should in the end.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Oh for gods sake. 

Anything bad at Villa is Purslow. Anything good at Villa he's been frozen out of it. 

It's absolutely **** pathetic. 

It's like trying to reason with QAnon it's so **** up. 

Calm done Mr Purslow, just go out and sign some good sponsorship deals and you are forgiven.

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I agree!

A manger will always have a couple of tweaks, or want a couple of players they trust though.

Even from Villareal perhaps.

I say we raid their squad. Lets take Capoue, Pino, Danjuma and Pau Torres, lol.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

Very happy with this appointment, proper manager with a winning mentality.

I said the other day that Emery was my preferred choice after reading an article on the weekend regarding our squad and prospective coaches who would suit our players. It said that Emery would be the best choice over Poch and Amorim.

Im starting to believe there was more to this and the club had been sounding him out and others prior to sacking the previous manager. The club has done their due diligence on this appointment, unlike the last and has me excited for what might be to come.

Lets all get behind the new manager.

• Like 2

To think this guy is in the same conversation as Poch and Tuchel, is a big big leap forward for us.  Absolutely brilliant appointment.

No guarantee’s here but it all bodes well for the future.

With Newcastle building some momentum now, hopefully we can as well?  European place feasible this season?

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Can’t believe Purslow was so heartbroken about Gerrard it took 72 hours to confirm a major upgrade 😉 

It's just a drunken rebound shag. 

He'll wake up in the morning, realise what a terrible thing he's done, cancel the contract and get Mark Hughes in as penance. 

Apparently. 

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

To think this guy is in the same conversation as Poch and Tuchel, is a big big leap forward for us.  Absolutely brilliant appointment.

No guarantee’s here but it all bodes well for the future.

With Newcastle building some momentum now, hopefully we can as well?  European place feasible this season?

I think there won’t be much pressure this season to get into Europe but it will be about preparing for next season and a real challenge for cups and top 6.

I believe Emery is good enough to get us into that conversation. 

• Like 2

Â