Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We all know this didn’t happen in two days. Probably been negotiating for a while.

Are you saying that the club is ineffective and slow, and everybody goes home at Friday evening and couldn’t be asked to do any overtime over the weekend?

• Haha 1

Hearing this now, and seeing how we played against Brentford makes you wonder how long it is has been in the pipeline.

The formation, playing style and personal used against Brentford is exactly how I would expect Emery to set up the team..

4-2-3-1 with a double pivot is pretty much his trademark

Amorim would probably have been my first choice but who knows if he was interested and would have been a riskier appointment. Emery has nearly 1000 (over 300 more than Poch) matches he has managed and has been in England for a bit with Arsenal. We could have done a lot worse. Hopefully we will all be patient enough to give him a bit of time to get settled in.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Seeing the usual guff on Twitter from Newcastle fans. And some Arse fans saying it’ll start out good but will end in disaster 

"Disaster" = sixth place, signing Martinelli, competing in Europe ... I'll take it!

From Villarreal's web-site:flag::

The head coach has informed Villarreal CF of the unilateral termination of his contract

Head coach Unai Emery has informed Villarreal CF of his unilateral decision to terminate his contract with the club. The Basque manager will therefore leave the club, which he joined in the 2020/21 season, and will hold a farewell press conference tomorrow at the Training Ground at 12pm CEST accompanied by the Yellows directors. 

Emery has gone down in Villarreal CF history for becoming the first coach to win a title with the club, the UEFA Europa League, as well as the historic achievement of reaching the Champions League semi-finals last year and helping the team qualify team for European competitions for two consecutive seasons. 

Villarreal CF would like to thank Unai Emery for the work he has done and wishes him the best of luck in his career.

The club's director of football, Miguel Ángel Tena, will lead the team's training session tomorrow at 5pm CEST at the Training Ground (first 15 minutes open to the press) and will take over on an interim basis until the club announces a new head coach.

Link: https://villarrealcf.es/en/news/item/35945-official-statement-unai-emery

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Well he's experienced and that means a lot after Gerrard. Be interesting to see how he deals with our fringe players/youngsters and the Countiho issue.

I love football, especially the Aston version of it. UTV 

• Like 1

Â