Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Ten Haag likes to play a possesion based game, Emery counter attacking style with suit up perfectly for it

I hope you are right. Just wish we had an Everton or Wolves at home as one of his first two games. Getting off to a good start seems to be a must now for managers. Just hope there is patience as he is clearly a very good manager. 

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

He’ll have some pretty difficult games to begin with. Next 5 are Newcastle, Man U, Brighton, Liverpool and Spurs. If he can create some sort of new manager bounce there — give him the keys to the city.

Pfft,easy 15 points.

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

Nope. Not jesting. Its not even funny. It's just offensive and ridiculous. 

I’m not even sure it’s meant to be funny, but I certainly don’t think it’s meant to be derogatory coming from Villa fans in this thread.  

Anyway, not a hill I’m going to die on. Welcome Unai - I’m very pleased to have such an experienced and successful manager in charge! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

He’ll have some pretty difficult games to begin with. Next 5 are Newcastle, Man U, Brighton, Liverpool and Spurs. If he can create some sort of new manager bounce there — give him the keys to the city.

Plus Man U at Old Trafford in cup before Brighton. 

Wow! Nothing in life is certain, but I think the owners have pulled of a massive coup here with one of the most successful managers we have ever appointed in my lifetime.

Welcome Unai, wishing you the best of luck here. Hoping you can bring a bit of success to Villa Park.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, El Zen said:

I’m as woke as a woke wookie in Woking, but c’mon. 

More like friendly jesting, no?

Apparently the joke started due to poor performances. So it wasn't started as such. 

2nd there are idiots who don't understand jokes and take it seriously. And when they take it seriously they escalate. Why do you think all the YouTubers and streamers who used to make racist jokes have stopped. Because a bunch of people who were too thick to get the joke used it as inspiration to attack minority groups.

There is no room for any form of racism joking or otherwise online. In person sure you can make a joke but online you don't know who your audience is and they might take it the wrong way and then go out and hurt people because they've been inspired by racist comments like these. 

• Like 2

https://www.coachesvoice.com/cv/unai-emery-psg-arsenal-villarreal/#:~:text=Emery has long most commonly,a 4-4-2.

Unai Emery built his reputation in La Liga and Ligue 1 before moving to join Arsenal, who he left six months after guiding them to the Europa League final, and then returning to Spain with Villarreal. A manager accustomed to building teams with both limited and near-limitless budgets, he is also recognised for his exceptional ability in negotiating the Europa League, which he has won a record four times.

Follow link above for full profile

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Pay the money and get it done. The biggest appointment in our recent history. Maybe ever. 

I still don’t understand this. I think he’s probably good, but is he that good, maybe I just don’t understand football. 

• Haha 1

Â