Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

28 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

To be fair, apart from some stuff this morning, the press leaks are coming from Spain this time and not the Uk. Last year when Newcastle went for him the leaks were coming from the Uk and apparently that was one of the many reasons he turned it down.

Could be. It could also have been a case of leaks in very sensitive phases of talks back then. Now, it might be that it's all done and he's cool with it becoming unofficial public knowledge.ย 

Just now, duke313 said:

Interesting thread from a Villarreal perspective. Seems they sacrificed league form for European success.

ย 

Emery obviously picked the cup option during his FM pressers.ย 

4 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

I just feel we need a โ€˜safeโ€™ pair of hands after the chancer we have just had. Every manager is a risk, but I feel Emery is a safer bet that Amiron.ย 

Completely agree. ย I wanted either Poch or Emery and to think we may get one of them is amazing.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

@Eastieย has also been steadfast that Emery was the guy, going back to 14th Octoberย 

Think you've just cracked the code.

@jimย was a false alarm.

@Eastieย is Lyric!ย ๐Ÿง

14th of October Lyric said we were holding out for Emery. lol

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I mean, fair play to that lyric guy. I know Twitter "ITK's" are quite contentious on here but he may just be the real deal.ย 

The guy that called Danny Ings was also on this very early so he clearly knows something too. He was very bullish we were going BIG in summer which makes the final result a little confusing.ย 
ย 

ย 

2 minutes ago, villaglint said:

The guy that called Danny Ings was also on this very early so he clearly knows something too. He was very bullish we were going BIG in summer which makes the final result a little confusing.ย 
ย 

ย 

As others have stated, not surprised if the Bournemouth result led to a loss of faith in Gerrard and therefore saving funds for a proper managerย 

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Interesting thread from a Villarreal perspective. Seems they sacrificed league form for European success.

ย 

To be fair, you have to do well enough in the League to get into Europe in the first place...

I'd love to get to the stage where we can moan about something like this,

• Like 2

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Hasn't Emery lost his right hand man recently, his Beale. Not getting over excited by this, should I be?ย 

He lost his assistant after arsenal so been a couple of years, managed to get to the UCL semis with out him so should be OK

• Like 1