Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

44 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Other than the Leeds and Southampton games, did not think our play was good last season either. 

Agreed

That’s because Coutinho turned up in those games. If he doesn’t we generally have a stinker

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

One with a bucket?

He can eat whatever he wants from KFC!

Though can you imagine McGinn trying to play Bielsaball? He'd be asking to be subbed after 5 minutes blowing out his arse.

1 hour ago, abdomlahor said:

His reputation has taken a hit since his final days at Spurs and his average showing at PSG.

People act as if we didn’t just sign top players from Champions League teams

Carlo Ancelotti went to Goodison Park ffs. 

Good Point 🙂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Im just glad your not in purslows seat you would be worse than Nottingham forest owner sacking managers every week. You would have to sell your car, house and everything you own for all the compensation you would be paying.

He loses thsi week then beats Everton enough to sack him?? 

Shit result yesterday we can all see that but even with last seasons results you dont sack your manager after ONE league game into the season. Maybe lange should get sacked and lampard then on your thinking

Yes you are right, I hadnt thought about the compensation, never mind if we are in a relegation battle by mid season, and never mind that we will lose MILLIONS if we go down or even if we end up in the bottom 5, if we sack good ol Stevie at least we wont have to pay his 4 mil in compensation, we will only have to pay him 3 if we keep him a few more months. As for the other managers who also had bad results, their teams havnt got a poxy 9 points from the last 12 games.  Also. I dont care what other clubs do, or what people would say if we sacked SG, I care about what is best for this great club, and based on results over the last part of last season SG is not the answer.

Edited by Podster
  • Haha 1

Need to act fast if we’re interested in Poch. He won’t be out of work for long… I believe our club has a lot more appeal than many seem to think and hiring such a manager could truly/finally elevate us to where we need to be. It’s a good opportunity for him to return to PL and make a mark again, he’ll get plenty of backing and we are thriving and building off the pitch… just need someone who can do the same for us on it… 

Just look at Spurs and Conte…

I’m sure Poch would get a tune out of our South Americans too… and play and bring out the best in his fellow countryman - Buendia. Loves working with and developing young players too…

United may look to him soon so we need to be quick 🤣

Btw, it’s not one game. SG has been largely shite and proved clueless and inept over the duration of his tenure. We are going nowhere and there are no signs of an identity, style of play nor any improvement in our performances. It is dire and his massive ego is going to get in the way of the benefit of our club.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

I reckon Purslow will leave if Gerrard gets the sack

I think you are correct. He has been charged with getting Villa in to Europe and it was him that made the recommendation to sack Smith and appoint Gerrard. It was a big call and if it proves to be wrong he will be gone.