Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

4 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Surely Rodgers isn’t keen to go from challenging for a top 4 place to dropping down to sort out our issues?

He sounded a bit flat and disillusioned about the club's lack of incoming deals this summer. Saying he hopes they will be in the hunt for European qualification, but that expecting progress from previous seasons is unrealistic.  

If the club decide to cash in on Fofana and/or Tielemans the time might be right for a parting of the ways. 

Just now, Tom13 said:

Watching the Arsenal documentary. Arteta is such a likeable, infectious, intelligent character. Obvs we won't get him but that's the kind of character we need.

Watched the City one as well and never had any idea what the **** Pep was trying to tell his team. 😅

• Haha 1

Just now, daft said:

Watched the City one as well and never had any idea what the **** Pep was trying to tell his team. 😅

I've not seen that one. I watched the Spurs one and the main thing I remember from that is that Harry Kane should not give teamtalks.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

I’m going to beat the Marcelo Gallardo drum often. He’s an infinitely better manager than Gerrard. 

Or Sampaoli - we’d be orrible barstards to play against. 

Don’t get the Gallardo hype. Dude’s been managing in Argentina for what feels like forever. Nobody gonna take you serious if you stay there ( FM fanboys don’t count ) 

8 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Don’t get the Gallardo hype. Dude’s been managing in Argentina for what feels like forever. Nobody gonna take you serious if you stay there ( FM fanboys don’t count ) 

Why would and FM fanboys opinion on Gallardo not count?

You do know when you manage in the game you dont manage as a specific manager 

We need to bring in a top class experienced system manager when they finally get rid of Gerrard.

I just had a look at the fixtures for this month and next and they aren't that kind, they also have a bunch of the teams we are supposed to compete with so if we keep losing I can see him out sooner than I thought originally.

15 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

What’s FM?

On 06/08/2022 at 13:08, VillaFaninLondon said:

That’s why we’re a small club, with statements like these. Yet on the other side our fans (probably you if you attend games) keep singing about how we’re a huge club because we won the f***ing European cup 40 years ago. It’s quite hypocritical and what’s always frustrated me with this fan base. Act smalltime but still think we’re a big club.

I actually think Poch would consider us with the quality in the squad, he’d certainly consider it especially if he had funds. Ancelotti went to Everton remember and even Conte to Spurs (they never win anything and it was a coup to get him). It’s certainly worth an approach to Poch at the very least.

I honestly think our squad is better than that Spurs side he inherited and turned into a juggernaut. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

The more I think about Saturday the more fuming I get. Of all the things to do on the eve of a new season you shaft the club captain and then face him off publicly  by saying "when he looks me in the eyes" etc and give it to a guy who did nothing of a leadership nature at all on the day, with even media reporting that nobody was shouting or leading on the pitch!  Why do that on the eve of the new season! He then drops the same player who was likely the only one we have who would have dealt with their giants in the air! To make it even worse the second best guy at dealing with them, who in my opinion on pre-season form and form last season, is Chambers! Instead he goes with the two players who have played together the least as a centre back pairing! One of whom has been suspect for a good while now. Unbelieveable to be quite honest. Coutinho should have been hauled off too quite clearly as should Ramsey & McGinn. 

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Like 3