Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Just now, Tom13 said:

I feel very strongly that Gerrard is not the man for us. So as I said, bite the bullet, lose a few, to hopefully then win a lot more before our season is done for.

Not really that ridiculous IMO.

Would you not rather Gerrard prove you wrong and we start winning every game we play? Or is this about you being proven right more than anything else? 

• Like 2

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Would you not rather Gerrard prove you wrong and we start winning every game we play? Or is this about you being proven right more than anything else? 

Nothing about me being proven right in the slightest mate.

Gerrard makes baffling decisions, so even if he was to get a few good results here and there, I'd much rather someone manage us who doesn't think McGinn has to be an ever present, and who actually plays our best players in roles that suit them.

• Like 3

We've taken a punt on Gerrard. It hasn't worked out but we have seen what 'a name' can do for recognition, draw, etc. 

We need to go get a manager that has proven themselves at the top table somewhere in the big leagues, and one that makes a statement. There's no point hoping we unearth a gem from somewhere else, be that from a weaker league or someone at the start of their career.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Way, way too early for this type of chatter. They need to turn it around against Everton. One very poor result and performance won’t define our season. 

I don’t think it is though. A lot of patience was given to Gerrard last season and terrible decisions justified, 10 months he’s been here now and Saturday was no different. His treatment of Mings has made me lose any faith in him to be honest and Buendia too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Way, way too early for this type of chatter. They need to turn it around against Everton. One very poor result and performance won’t define our season. 

Afraid not. It's just a matter of time before the attitude leaks into Villa Park as well. 

My feeling is we have passed the point of no return in terms of the fan base. 

A critical mass wants him gone, and I think only silverware this season can change that attitude in his favour.

5 minutes ago, sne said:

I'd be very interested to see what a guy like Unai Emery could do with this squad.

After the abuse he got at Arsenal, replacing media Golden Boy Subbuteo Steve will be an absolute nightmare

2 minutes ago, daft said:

Afraid not. It's just a matter of time before the attitude leaks into Villa Park as well. 

My feeling is we have passed the point of no return in terms of the fan base. 

A critical mass wants him gone, and I think only silverware this season can change that attitude in his favour.

I'm more worried that he might have a abrasive attitude that is rubbing some of the players the wrong way. That's OK when things are going well and the choices are justified. When it's not...

All speculation of course.

• Like 2

Just now, sne said:

I'm more worried that he might have a abrasive attitude that is rubbing some of the players the wrong way. That's OK when things are going well and the choices are justified. When it's not...

Yeah, I think that kind of old school manager mentality should be left in the past.

Yes, everyone can and should be and show anger, but people need to be treated like people, even football pros. 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

After the abuse he got at Arsenal, replacing media Golden Boy Subbuteo Steve will be an absolute nightmare

Think he seems to be handling it just fine :D 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, sne said:

I said similar last season. I think Targett was a popular player in the changing room and his treatment from Gerrard I think annoyed a few and now its the same with Mings/Sanson/Buendia

No surprise the poor form happened soon after

• Like 1

I am yet again thinking that the Manager of Aston Villa is the epitome of a Poisoned Chalice.

We ruin managers and many a player too (hence low resale value etc).

I was hopeful Gerrard would fit, improve Villa but it looks like we are going backwards. The knives are out, sabres rattling, it seems just a matter of time...

We may win against Everton but then we could quite easily lose three or four on the bounce and be bottom of the league after six games. Would he be sacked then perhaps? Or is it again yet another season of transition. How many seasons of transition do we have at Villa, it's beyond a joke now.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It’s not one poor result and performance though, it’s the same dross as last season.

• Like 1