Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

On 10/09/2022 at 13:46, rjw63 said:

Won't be Pochettino, because Villa is beneath his stature.

According to weasel-faced limpdick Gary Neville.

Neville: “Mauricio Pochettino’s not going to go to Aston Villa, I don’t feel. Having had Tottenham and Paris Saint-Germain, his aspirations would be higher than Villa. He’ll have to wait for Newcastle or a top six club to become available."

https://tbrfootball.com/he-would-ornstein-says-manager-chelsea-reportedly-want-would-be-open-to-succeeding-gerrard-at-aston-villa/

It's a fair comment I think.

I still think it is worth a phone call.

• Like 2

Villa have had 28 Managers since Elizabeth II had been Queen of England 
Hopefully by next week we will be on our 2nd manager under King Charles III

Edited by messi11
  • Like 2

On 10/09/2022 at 13:46, rjw63 said:

Won't be Pochettino, because Villa is beneath his stature.

According to weasel-faced limpdick Gary Neville.

Neville: “Mauricio Pochettino’s not going to go to Aston Villa, I don’t feel. Having had Tottenham and Paris Saint-Germain, his aspirations would be higher than Villa. He’ll have to wait for Newcastle or a top six club to become available."

https://tbrfootball.com/he-would-ornstein-says-manager-chelsea-reportedly-want-would-be-open-to-succeeding-gerrard-at-aston-villa/

Its Gary Neville, everything that comes out of his mouth is Scum '7' based! That cant wait to add the state of Saudi Aribia to the club..... You could probably smell the crap on his breath from all the ass kissing he does!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, messi11 said:

Villa have had 28 Managers since Elizabeth II had been Queen of England 
Hopefully by next week we will be on our 2nd manager under King Charles III

Impressive, especially when Mon, Houllier, McLeish, Lambert, Sherwood, Garde, Di Matteo, Bruce, Smith, Gerrard all during  almost in the last decade. So 10 of them. 

1 hour ago, calcifer said:

Its Gary Neville, everything that comes out of his mouth is Scum '7' based! That cant wait to add the state of Saudi Aribia to the club..... You could probably smell the crap on his breath from all the ass kissing he does!

yeah neville sounds pretty dumb there. ornstein is right at the top of tier 1 journos in terms of his connections so he knows the score

A phone call should definitely go in to Poch. Most media reporting his stock is low at the moment, an so for me, Villa could be that 'special' project to help him build it back up. Just can't see him staying if he does well here, but I guess that's the same for many managers who have success.

Really beginning to think he could be the ideal man, hope Purslow thinks the same.

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Potter will be available soon.

I was surprised to see Potter go to chelsea, a squad that is falling apart (for their standards), meddling owner who reportedly wants the team to play with a four back, which they haven't bought players for (their transfer dealings have been abysmal and without any planning whatsoever) whilst Potter seems to prefer 5 backs. Wouldn't be surprised if his time at Chelsea is a total fiasco.

Edited by Chicken Field
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, a m ole said:

Would love to believe, but last few posts were him saying we weren’t signing Bednarek.

He was right about kamara and the sarr deal being off before anyone else knew about it, so hopefully he’s right on this aswell 🙏

• Like 1

Edens will be inquiring and serious about Pochettino in my mind, I have no tangible insights, but if you look at how he's gone about life at Milwaukee he is all about providing the right platform and team to those who have the talent, skill, and values necessary to win titles.

I've been over it enough times in brief so I'll spare VT the same spiel, but if anyone wants something to be confident about in relation to how Villa are run and the decision making behind it, read up on Wes Edens tenure and ownership of the Milwaukee Bucks. The man is a model pro. I have no doubts we will see parallels here. I'm not saying we will win the title, like Milwaukee did a few years after being as low as can go in the NBA, because that's not in my thinking or on my radar at present. Right now for us it's about seeing that Wes can emulate that executive level decision making and leadership so that we are doing all the right things with a capable team. Then we will compete with anyone.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Edens will be inquiring and serious about Pochettino in my mind, I have no tangible insights, but if you look at how he's gone about life at Milwaukee he is all about providing the right platform and team to those who have the talent, skill, and values necessary to win titles.

I've been over it enough times in brief so I'll spare VT the same spiel, but if anyone wants something to be confident about in relation to how Villa are run and the decision making behind it, read up on Wes Edens tenure and ownership of the Milwaukee Bucks. The man is a model pro. I have no doubts we will see parallels here. I'm not saying we will win the title, like Milwaukee did a few years after being as low as can go in the NBA, because that's not in my thinking or on my radar at present. Right now for us it's about seeing that Wes can emulate that executive level decision making and leadership so that we are doing all the right things with a capable team. Then we will compete with anyone.

I get your sentiment completely yet Wes Edens knows the NBA.

PL football is a different animal, way more variables such as relegation and promotions for one.

I'd like to have faith we can do it but I know it is extremely unlikely.

3 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I get your sentiment completely yet Wes Edens knows the NBA.

PL football is a different animal, way more variables such as relegation and promotions for one.

I'd like to have faith we can do it but I know it is extremely unlikely.

What City, and the teams that have a clear monetary advantage in world football can do in terms of having recruitment advantages for the available talent, are unparalleled. 

Wes built Milwaukee from the ground up. They were rock bottom, they got their man to build a team around in Giannis, then they went about diligently selecting the right pieces to ensure their star player had the right supports and team mates around him to get the most out of the talent they possess. 

The era of Ronaldo and Messi is over.

Giannis and the Bucks have had to outdo a team touted as the greatest ever (even though they aren't quite that good) in the GSW, and an era that boasts LBJ and KD.

The make-up of the NBA teams and the competition are bound by a salary cap and future generations of talent being allocated to the teams that have underperformed in the season prior, so to give them a go at building success.

Anyone who makes play-offs at the moment is a solid outfit, even a few who miss out boast rosters with guys who are at the top of the game. No one is there to make up the numbers.

Whilst I take your point about the dangers of relegation and the game of football itself being decided by narrower margins that allow for surprise and unfortunate results more readily, navigation to the title in the NBA has a dozen or so teams in the picture, rather than one, two, or maybe three that take the silverware in the PL.