Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Pochettino left a legacy at Southampton - their current playing style is similar to what he instilled albeit hassenhuttel plays with a different formation. 

A few Rangers supporters I know are telling me their football has improved under Van-Bronckhurst . The only legacy Gerrard will leave here is a turgid one. 

Give us the good news already Pochettino you know you want to. 

21 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

If you want to go the win percentage route, which is pointless if you’re not going to consider the circumstances then I can give you a very good example of why it’s not black and white. Eddie Howes win % at Bournemouth in the premier league was 29%, not great but there’s obvious reasons why. His current win percentage with Newcastle is just over 40%. 

I have never suggested its the be all and end all.....and yes, other circumstances, are relevant....but as a thumb rule its a decent one.

To dismiss it as irrelevant is also pointless.

If it had no relevance, no one would produce it.

And yes again, it does relate to having the best players, something I have always advocated.

quite often we over rate soem of ours.

8 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

With an international break coming up, expect a couple of sackings this weekend. Unless Leicester beat Spurs, Rodgers is in trouble. The greek could sack Cooper as well if Forest lose.

Are we waiting to see who becomes available or have we already chosen a replacement and are now waiting for the inevitable loss?  Or is he gone regardless of tonight’s result? Last but not least, is he safe regardless of tonight’s performance? 

If it’s the last option and the performance is again poor, do the fans then turn their “dissatisfaction” against Mr Purslow as well as the manager? 

It’ll never happen but if we ever gave that waistcoat wearing bellend the job here I would stop supporting us and just give up on football altogether until literally everyone involved in the decision left the club. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

With an international break coming up, expect a couple of sackings this weekend. Unless Leicester beat Spurs, Rodgers is in trouble. The greek could sack Cooper as well if Forest lose.

I wouldnt mind Cooper as manager

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I genuinely can’t see cooper being sacked, he’ll have a hard enough job managing all those new signings never mind a new manager coming. He should get time 

16 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Are we waiting to see who becomes available or have we already chosen a replacement and are now waiting for the inevitable loss?  Or is he gone regardless of tonight’s result? Last but not least, is he safe regardless of tonight’s performance? 

If it’s the last option and the performance is again poor, do the fans then turn their “dissatisfaction” against Mr Purslow as well as the manager? 

The board are giving him every chance to turn it around.

However we appoint Gerrard three days after sacking DS. Given he was in employment at the time it was obvious we were putting feelers out and decided two week break was best time to make the call.

Who knows who we've approached behind the scenes, let's hope it's the name 99% want. If Gerrard dosen't win tonight it's 5 points from 7, 1 league win all season and already we're failing to beat teams at home we need to if we want to finish top half.

This isn't a body of work that suggests Gerrard should get another two months and mess up more winnable games in October. He needs to step up given we won against these 4-0 last season in a really good team performance.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I wouldnt mind Cooper as manager

Naaah. Cooper was schooled in their last match against Bournemouth. Sacking DS to ultimately end up with Cooper would be madness. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Naaah. Cooper was schooled in their last match against Bournemouth. Sacking DS to ultimately end up with Cooper would be madness. 

Yes but he is managing 20 new players in his squad. If he is given time I can see him turning it around.

I think the Forest owner is not a patient person though

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yes but he is managing 20 new players in his squad. If he is given time I can see him turning it around.

I think the Forest owner is not a patient person though

Simple formation change and they would have won that match easily. That's not down to management of incoming players. Bournemouth sussed out the problem, made a change at half time going 3 at the back, and all of a sudden there were overloads everywhere. No response from Cooper, and it could have been 5 easily. We would have slaughtered whoever was in charge at Villa if that happened.