Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Just now, Xela said:

Frank Lampard

It’s very important to note this. I’m doubtful that Gerrard is going to be a top manager. Maybe he will be and I hope he’s a success here. One thing I am sure of though, is that Frank Lampard is a worse manager/coach that Gerrard. Probably the worst in the league. 

3 hours ago, R.Bear said:

No its not. No-one in our squad has anything close to his CV. Yes he's not at his best atm but he's still our most talented player by a mile.

If we going by CV’s then might as well ask McAllister to pull on a shirt.

On 14/08/2022 at 00:49, IrishVilla10 said:

There’s genuine cause for concern over the last 10 months, it extended into preseason, the Mings issue and then Bournemouth. A win today doesn’t make it disappear 

Totally agree - with quality of some of our squad it’s very worrying that we lack any type of cohesion or patten, plus we are not great to watch.

I can’t figure out what he is thinking. I just hope I am wrong and it is all just waiting to click 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

43 minutes ago, messi11 said:

We have good players and a good team on paper. Cant wait to see what Poch or Potter will do. 

I don't see any magic wands.   If the house was on fire (to mix metaphors horribly), sure, yes, make a move, but that's hardly the case. A new manager, even if it's Jesus, will create a whole new level of chaos, too. Some might say a necessary, temporary chaos, but there's no getting around the bed-in period, particularly when we have a growing list of players a new manager won't necessarily have any big interest in or buy-in from. This off-with-their-heads thinking has shades of 2015-16 to me.

Paul. Tim. Kevin. Remi. Eric. Goodbye. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I don't see any magic wands.   If the house was on fire (to mix metaphors horribly), sure, yes, make a move, but that's hardly the case. A new manager will create a whole new level of chaos, too. Some might say a necessary, temporary chaos even if it's Jesus, and there's no getting around the bed-in period, particularly when we have a growing list of players a new manager won't necessarily have any big interest in or buy-in from. This off-with-their-heads thinking has shades of 2015-16 to me.

Tim. Kevin. Remi. Eric. Goodbye. 

There’s a perception with some posters that there is a magic bullet, there isn’t. Clubs that frequently change managers generally end up in trouble, Chelsea probably being the notable exception. Swapping managers may be exciting for fans, like most speculation is, but it isn’t a free hit for many of the reasons you’ve mentioned and probably a fair few more. Even if we appoint a really top manager there will be pain involved. Man U have appointed a top manager at a level we almost certainly wouldn’t be able to get and they’re still currently a basket case. Long may that continue!

• Like 1