Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

14 hours ago, daft said:

He resigns, the media goes even apeshitter after the appalling behavior of Aston Villa towards an England icon! You go for Potter in pure desperation, but he refuses to take you calls and his agent lets you know he won't touch a club that treats it's managers like that. Absolutely classless! 

Potter then signs a new contract with Brighton, win the league while Villa gets relegated on 5 points after the whole dressing room erupts in unrest.

The club goes into administration, Villa Park torn down and a Tesco is built in it's place.

The End.

😭

I really can't see that happening. Tesco already has a store, just past Witton Island on Aston Lane;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Graham Potter would be my first choice plays good attacking football seems to improve all players he works with, Brighton  lost 3 of their best players you wouldn't even notice that still play same way , can't remember last time villa actually had a style of play maybe counter attacking under o Neill 

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Well some guys who didn't have a job when we appointed Gerrard... Tedesco, Terzic, Wilder, van Bronckhorst.

Some who did but I think we could have got...Schmidt, Potter, Galtier, Bruno Genesio, Philippe Clement.

I don't particular favour any of these names, nor was I desperate to appoint any of them. I would however trust any to take us forward quicker than Gerrard will, based on what I've seen so far.

No. I've never been wrong once in my entire life.

Who cares who he can attract when the team puts out performances like we have? What's the point? A good squad for the next manager I suppose.

The club has given them all contracts worth £120k-160k a week. Over £20m guaranteed each. It's not like he's talked them into coming for below their market value. 

No one wanted Coutinho (and he's showing why recently sadly), Digne wasn't wanted at Everton, yet some sources have us paying him £8m a year, crazy money :lol:

Would they have come for Dean Smith? Perhaps not. Would they have come for the upgrade on Smith we should have appointed. Very good chance I believe yes.

past my bedtime......Goodnight.🥱

28 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Well some guys who didn't have a job when we appointed Gerrard... Tedesco, Terzic, Wilder, van Bronckhorst.

Some who did but I think we could have got...Schmidt, Potter, Galtier, Bruno Genesio, Philippe Clement.

In hindsight now it’s hard to disagree that Gerrard was a huge gamble which we probably didn’t need to take. Purslow obviously thought he had an opportunity to sign someone on the rise based on Gerrards Rangers achievement. Potter would have been perfect and I don’t know if we can go there now. Galtier would have been a serious move but I don’t know if he would have made the move to the premier league, especially for us. The thing that bothers me about Gerrard is we’re putting so much hope in the fact his assistant is going to get us playing well, tactically I think he’s clueless. We’re kind of left hanging now hoping things work out well and I hope it does. I would rather a manager come in, leave players out but have us playing well and getting results, than a manager who’s 10 months in and has no clear direction.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

In hindsight now it’s hard to disagree that Gerrard was a huge gamble which we probably didn’t need to take. Purslow obviously thought he had an opportunity to sign someone on the rise based on Gerrards Rangers achievement. Potter would have been perfect and I don’t know if we can go there now. Galtier would have been a serious move but I don’t know if he would have made the move to the premier league, especially for us. The thing that bothers me about Gerrard is we’re putting so much hope in the fact his assistant is going to get us playing well, tactically I think he’s clueless. We’re kind of left hanging now hoping things work out well and I hope it does. I would rather a manager come in, leave players out but have us playing well and getting results, than a manager who’s 10 months in and has no clear direction.

I think everyone I listed would have come for the farcical money we're for some reason paying Gerrard. It's a borderline suspicious his wage.

Plus we could have offered the chance to spend over £150m in fees and wages. They could immediately start to shape the squad.

We've gone with a guy who gives good press conferences because the CEO liked him as a player.

If we really turn it round and start to look the business. What happens when Potter leaves Brighton and they come trying to hire Critchley as manager? Do we sack Gerrard and appoint Critchley? Do we just accept another five steps backwards as the guy coaching the team leaves and we have to appoint another Liverpool youth coach?

What we have done is so thick, what do we have in Gerrard really? So so little. I just cannot see it working.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I think everyone I listed would have come for the farcical money we're for some reason paying Gerrard. It's a borderline suspicious his wage.

Plus we could have offered the chance to spend over £150m in fees and wages. They could immediately start to shape the squad.

We've gone with a guy who gives good press conferences because the CEO liked him as a player.

If we really turn it round and start to look the business. What happens when Potter leaves Brighton and they come trying to hire Critchley as manager? Do we sack Gerrard and appoint Critchley? Do we just accept another five steps backwards as the guy coaching the team leaves and we have to appoint another Liverpool youth coach?

What we have done is so thick, what do we have in Gerrard really? So so little. I just cannot see it working.

It was a very attractive job and whoever took it had a lot to work with so it is disappointing now when teams around us are moving forward and we’re in limbo. The coaching thing is frightening really and I have thought about how sustainable it can be. Things are going to have to change and fast if we’re going anywhere here, I’ll be surprised if we take more than 4 points from the next 5. 

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Have a feeling this thread will be busy come 5pm

I can’t wait till 5pm. Get Potter on asap. 

Is some sort of an identity too much to ask? 

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

I can’t wait till 5pm. Get Potter on asap. 

Is some sort of an identity too much to ask? 

Marcelo Gallardo. I wanted him before Gerrard was appointed.

Gallardoball at Villa Park would be a sight to behold.

I think we've made a mistake here sadly..I wanted a manager who could be here long term and build a team to his own tactical vision, and keep improving year by year.

Unless purslow can't admit his mistake, we will be considering options by the world cup. Sad times, again.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Marcelo Gallardo. I wanted him before Gerrard was appointed.

Gallardoball at Villa Park would be a sight to behold.

But how is his passion merchamt skills

Also isnt he not that tall, that wont be accepted by some on here