Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

18 minutes ago, trillvillan said:

I'm going to back Gerrard as long as he's here and will never wish for us to lose - but a part of me would love to see what Graham Potter could do with a backing of our owners. 

Potter would fire us into the top 6. The hype is real

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

I agree. 

I think he's one of very few genuine "genius" minds in footy. He's a masterclass tactician and players love to play for him - whats not to like? Can do it on a shoe string budget, back him with proper funds and I think he really could push toward the top. I think theres a stereotypical cause he's English he isn't a top tier "elite" manager, but I truly think he has it in him. 

Down the line he should be Englands manager - but only after he's secured us Europe and a few trophies to go along with it. 😛 . 

Hypothetically thinking - but I'll continue to hope Gerrard gets it right and we look more stable in the mean time. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, messi11 said:

He’s just a lanky Owen Coyle who can’t grow a beard!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, trillvillan said:

I agree. 

I think he's one of very few genuine "genius" minds in footy. He's a masterclass tactician and players love to play for him - whats not to like? Can do it on a shoe string budget, back him with proper funds and I think he really could push toward the top. I think theres a stereotypical cause he's English he isn't a top tier "elite" manager, but I truly think he has it in him. 

Down the line he should be Englands manager - but only after he's secured us Europe and a few trophies to go along with it. 😛 . 

Hypothetically thinking - but I'll continue to hope Gerrard gets it right and we look more stable in the mean time. 

U make a good argument 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, trillvillan said:

I agree. 

I agree. Would love a true tactician in charge of Villa. Potter and Poch wont be in our grasps forever. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, messi11 said:

I agree. Would love a true tactician in charge of Villa. Potter and Poch wont be in our grasps forever. 

There are two managers that I would be very happy to see as Villa manager and u just named both of them

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Wtf is this? 

The next manager of Aston Villa thread 🤣 

So we're giving Gerrard a proper chance then are we? 

He had 30 games. He needs to get at least 6 points from the next 5 games. 

The guy isn't perfect and learning his trade but, really?

Why's he managing Aston Villa Football Club then if he's not ready? Could learn it trade in the championship. Gerrard OUT

Edited by messi11

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

There are two managers that I would be very happy to see as Villa manager and u just named both of them

Would they come to us tho?

Edited by messi11

Spoiler
Just now, messi11 said:

I may be wearing my claret & blue tinted glasses now but I honestly we have just about the best owners and CEO any football manager could ask for. If we sacked Gerrard in the morning I genuinely belive we could have whichever of them we wanted. It would cost us but we could bring in either GP or MoPo

Just now, messi11 said:

Not a chance! 

Especially now NSWE have lost interest and turned the taps off. They’ll be doing a bunk before we know it.

We’ll end up with another Mondeo driving snake oil salesman who wants to turn the Aston Hotel into a Coyote Ugly bar. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, messi11 said:

It would bring back some hope and belief. Yes, there is always risk with a new manager, to replicate what was successful at one club don’t always work at a different club. But there is too much wrong with Gerrard as a manager, and there are no signs of improvement. His team selection is just strange, players that is tired or out of form, get picked over players that is in form. Since there is no squad rotation, come March/April the team will struggle again. If he get to stay the entire season, we should be satisfied if we don’t get relegated.

The thing is that when (not if) Gerrard is fired, it will be the same people that hired Gerrard that will select the next manager. Hopefully they have learned from their mistake and hire Potter.

• Like 1

Just for the record. I am 100% supportive of SG as manager and I really like him as manager and I think he could work out really well, I hope he does. When we were first linked with him I didn't want him but he has grown on me and regardless of who our manager is I will give him my full support. That said, I do have my own fantasies and for years I have want Poch as our manager and if I was Purslow I would try and get him in ASAP. But, in the meantime, I am 100% behind Gerrard

• Like 4

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

Just for the record. I am 100% supportive of SG as manager and I really like him as manager and I think he could work out really well, I hope he does. When we were first linked with him I didn't want him but he has grown on me and regardless of who our manager is I will give him my full support. That said, I do have my own fantasies and for years I have want Poch as our manager and if I was Purslow I would try and get him in ASAP. But, in the meantime, I am 100% behind Gerrard

Would you sack Gerrard before or after you start feeling out Pochettino?

4 minutes ago, jim said:

Not a chance! 

Especially now NSWE have lost interest and turned the taps off. They’ll be doing a bunk before we know it.

We’ll end up with another Mondeo driving snake oil salesman who wants to turn the Aston Hotel into a Coyote Ugly bar. 

Its a shame they've stopped caring. Maybe they will sell up soon. Simon Jordan will buy us

1 minute ago, daft said:

Would you sack Gerrard before or after you start feeling out Pochettino?

After. I would try and get Poch to agree, then sack Gerrard and then get Poch in. Purslow has to do what is right for Villa and not be sentimental about things. Villa is a business worth hundreds of millions and it needs to be managed as such

4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

He's got the next 5 PL games for me. If he manages over 6 points I'd be impressed. If its under then goodnight Vienna 

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

After. I would try and get Poch to agree, then sack Gerrard and then get Poch in. Purslow has to do what is right for Villa and not be sentimental about things. Villa is a business worth hundreds of millions and it needs to be managed as such

Ok, Gerrard hear through a mate you'd poked Poch and media is going apeshit. He demands to know what the **** is going on?! Poch is still splashing his £10 mill severance pay from PSG and thanks you for the interest, but looks like the Man U job might be up for grabs soon, and maybe Klopp is done with Pool, so thanks but no thanks.

Gerrard is PISSED.

What do you do? 

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

He's got the next 5 PL games for me. If he manages over 6 points I'd be impressed. If its under then goodnight Vienna 

That is a little harsh imo. City, Arsenal and Hammers are 3 of our next 5 so over 6 points will be tough but I would expect 7 from the following 3