Pre match

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Well it's something different at least, and finally no McGinn!!!!!

Hopefully this gives McGinn a much needed kick up the ass! Comes back looking like the player his is for Scotland! 

Just proves Gerrard would have kept picking him regardless 

Is this Danks saying "Don't know how to integrate Ings, Bailey and Buendia into the same team? I'll show you bawbags how it's done...." - Very interesting and looking forward to seeing what happens.

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

4-2-3-1?

I don't mind dendoncker being in there, between him and Luiz there should enough on the defensive side more interested in his energy and work rate and getting open to speed Luiz up 

The main interest from me is that on paper it only looks like a small tweak and something that Gerrard should have been perfectly capable of doing so if it results in a huge impact then our previous problems are there for all to see, a bit of justification today would be nice

2-0 villa

It's really a very big tweak though. Full backs and midfielders operating very differently in this set up.

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I think Ollie will drift wide and drop deeper - Ings in behind with Emi and Leon out wide 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Nah, I reckon Watkins out left and Buendia behind Ings.

Either way, interesting.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Nah, I reckon Watkins out left and Buendia behind Ings.

Would also like that - I think we can also interchange them - switch wings. So many options if you play with some width. Imagine that eh.