Pre match

Demitri_C

Just now, CVByrne said:

It's really a very big tweak though. Full backs and midfielders operating very differently in this set up.

That's what I mean about it only looking like a small tweak

He hasn't outlandishly overhauled the starting 11 but at the same time I'm hoping it has a big impact

But to bed the idea that all these players are shit and we're doomed unless we get in an experienced head and 6 new players

6 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Unbelievable isn’t it? What’s the reason that so many managers fail to change things that don’t work? Ego/stubbornness?

Both for me. O'Neill Was the same

Nobody will actually fault you if you admit you made a mistake

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Watkins will play wide, Ings lone striker I guess. Which isn’t great as Ings can’t really play without a partner.

I reckon he can. He reminds me of an old type  CF get the ball from the wings to the middle amd he will put it away. In theory 😀

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

No way. Is it me, or is Danks sticking a massive middle finger up to Gerrard here?

I don't think so. If he gave it back to Mings it would have been more of a finger. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Would have played Ramsey on the left instead of Watkins but there is at least balance here.

Be really interesting to see how Bailey and Buendia play. Both have wanted to play in this system for a while. Their time to shine.

In pre season when we were playing United, Buendia and bailey were linking up well down the right and through the middle. No shock that we haven’t seen it again 

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

No way. Is it me, or is Danks sticking a massive middle finger up to Gerrard here?

We would he care? He was here before Gerrard. He’s picking a sensible lineup and formation that suits the players

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Buendia and Ings are usually on the same wavelength. Exciting 

Yeah was just about to say, put our two quick players out wide in Watkins and Bailey and have Buendia behind Ings as they're on same wavelenght. 

As I said in the tactics thread. Buendia will drop deep to pick up the ball, turn and have 3 players ahead of him, he'll have options out wide or centrally. I think Luiz might run past him too so there's movement and options.

• Like 2