Pre match

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah was just about to say, put our two quick players out wide in Watkins and Bailey and have Buendia behind Ings as they're on same wavelenght. 

As I said in the tactics thread. Buendia will drop deep to pick up the ball, turn and have 3 players ahead of him, he'll have options out wide or centrally. I think Luiz might run past him too so there's movement and options.

It could suit Watkins out left. Makes use of his work rate out wide and keep him as far as possible from goal.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

That midfield looks very light to me.

If Brentford gets hold of the midfield they'll smoke us.

Bailey tracking back is key in this system (Watkins too of course)

Selection feels reasonable on the whole. I was fearing Danks making some statement by starting Sanson, Nakamba and Guilbert.

8 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Gregg has forgotten that there will be an opposing team on the pitch. 4231, surely.

Or knowing our attacking problems we've noted it down on the team sheet as more attacking than it actually will be in an attempt to drum up some positivity

I'm sure on the official team sheet given to the press we state the formation

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

How can you have sympathy with Gerrard when he's gone and we finally try something that suits our players. 

Hopefully that sentiment is still there by the end of today

Would love a result and performance that says everything was Gerrard, even mcginn off the bench doing something good

Brentford are very strong physically and can bully small lightweight teams like ours so I welcome Dedonker in midfield. Still can’t see a win but a performance with some passion would be a positive start after we down tooled against Fulham after 2 minutes 

6 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

That midfield looks very light to me.

If Brentford gets hold of the midfield they'll smoke us.

We've been talking about this in the tactics thread...

Last time we used a 4-2-3-1 under Deano, many people around here complained that we got overrun in midfield.

The 3 are as much midfielders as they are forwards...they have to track back and help out or the system doesn't work.

• Like 1