Match Thread: Fulham v Villa

limpid

Just now, bobzy said:

But they literally have changed the game.  It was 1-0, now it's 2-0 and we're down to 10.  To say that has had no impact is ludicrous...

...however, we've also been awful and could comfortably be 4 or 5 down.

Didn’t change the game though.  I didn’t say no impact, I said didn’t change the game, we were heading to defeat if those didn’t happen anyway….

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Regardless of Gerrard, I'm absolutely disgusted with the performance of some of our players today. We lost every 50/50, every duel. Our passing whether it was from our attack or from our keeper was horrendous. Then there's that red card. 

They've just stopped caring from the first minute of the game. And that I can't abide.

Bored of hearing this, we know the managers on his way, so do they, hardly worth the graft is it.

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Regardless of Gerrard, I'm absolutely disgusted with the performance of some of our players today. We lost every 50/50, every duel. Our passing whether it was from our attack or from our keeper was horrendous. Then there's that red card. 

They've just stopped caring from the first minute of the game. And that I can't abide.

Teams reflect their manager 

• Like 2

Tonight will turn out to be a blessing in disguise. Anything other than a loss would have been excuse enough to continue this charade longer. The bells are truly ringing now for Gerrard. Funeral bells ending his time at Villa. 

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

We have no chance of Poch coming here after this performance, he would be mad.

Looking at it from a, have to admit foreign for me, optimistic perspective our shitness relative to squad quality could be perversely not be such a negative factor as the potential for rapid improvement (and the accolades) that come with it are a realistic possibility.