Match Thread: Villa v Chelsea

limpid

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

You'll be picking up your pension before that happens.

More chance of Salma Hayek turning up begging me to be hers than Sanson getting an appearance under the Poundland Klopp

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gerrard's subs are just chosen by a wheel of fortune, I think. 

Four attacking players on the pitch, four players on the bench, spin away and see who ends up playing where.

Each one, five minutes after the last, changes formation or puts a player in an unfamiliar position. 

Doesn't have a clue.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Watkins tries hard enough but he just hasn’t got it has he

Ings had it but has lost it

Watkins had it. Hattrick against Liverpool... Brace Arsenal. Both can and will do better.

Just now, Newry_Villan said:

His subs have killed any hope of a comeback. 

You wouldn’t have brought Buendia and Coutinho on?

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If we'd won would you say the same?

Do you mean if we’d won, would I give credit to Gerrard for the way we were set up? Yes. I thought the front three he picked worked. Still think he’s made too many poor decisions over the last year though

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

There’d be no criticism of Gerrard, or calling for his head today. None at all. We’ve been a mediocre team for the better part of a year. Regardless of what happened today or against Man City. These two games aren’t an excuse to keep Gerrard and hope he turns it around.

Are you for real. He's doing nothing here mate, give it up!

Just now, tomav84 said:

mings has been great all season though. it's not that people are defending today per se...it was a bad error for the first and no one is denying that...but it's when he has been great all season and posters like you remain silent, only to pipe up when he makes an error that just illustrates how people like you do just blindly dislike the guy and no number of good performances will ever change your opinion

Few players earning a wage in the premier league are permanently awful. That perspective makes no sense tbh. Watkins has good games for us and once scored a hat-trick against the champions - does that make him worthy of standing by, in light of his form now?

It's not just the last 2 games and to suggest that is nonsense. Tyrone has senile moments all the time which create clear goalscoring opportunities to the opposition. Even in his best season he was getting caught out of position miles up the pitch, falling to sleep in the box during set-pieces, failing to clear easy balls etc etc. 

It's not a vendetta, I really like him as a person and admire his character. It's simple that he is not a good enough defender for Aston Villa, that's the reality as I see it.

• Like 1