Match Thread: Forest v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The tactics stifle them yes absolutely - however, we are far too lightweight to the point where it's painful to watch. We don't do the basics on the pitch and it's not good enough to blame it all on Gerrard when players make individual mistakes or fall over too easily or can't get themselves onside.

Wrong

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

I want to see Archer on the pitch. Bring Sanson on too. 

I can't imagine a universe where this might happen.

I think he's class but there's more chance of me coming on, and I'm in another country.

• Haha 4

Just now, The_Steve said:

The tactics stifle them yes absolutely - however, we are far too lightweight to the point where it's painful to watch. We don't do the basics on the pitch and it's not good enough to blame it all on Gerrard when players make individual mistakes or fall over too easily or can't get themselves onside.

That’s team selection and squad selection. We lack physicality, yes, but that’s a choice made by the manager. 

Most of these errors happen because the system makes it harder to play football.

2 minutes ago, RAN4OSU said:

It is very clear that these players do not want to play for that idiot. Every ball is behind the player, even at the back. We play at a snails pace with no width. No movement from the attacking midfielders leave anyone on the ball with no option  but a sideways pass. This is down to poor coaching and no plan. It’s as if our only tactic is boot it long and hope it bounces favourably to us or to bounce out of play further up the pitch. It ain’t bloody rugby. It it teeth grinding to watch. Can we stop giving this Gerard clown a chance and cut our losses now.  

Maybe that is the plan!

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Our midfield isn’t spoken about enough. It’s absolutely woeful. How can Sanson and Dendoncker not get a game?

It's pretty grim tbh. Another 45 minutes of the midfield falling apart like wet paper and he won't change it.

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Far from it - had Ollie kept onside we'd be 2-1 up and sitting in 9th. There's still lots to play for.

If Ollie was onside would he have reached the ball? Would have been tight on the slide

Or coutinho behind him who was also offside?

Just now, PieFacE said:

Our whole tactic appears to be to get it out wide and hit a hopeful cross in. 

With players who can't cross and a striker being marked by 2 CBs

I wasn't alive back then but this is what the ajax team of the 70s was all about right?