Michael Bay films - best and worst

ender4

Name your favourite(s) and least favourite(s) Michael Bay directed films. Why?

Your 15 choices are:

Bad Boys

The Rock

Armageddon

Pearl Harbor

The Island

Transformers

Transformers 2 - Revenge of the Fallen

Transformers 3 - Dark of the Moon

Pain and Gain

Transformers 4 - Age of Extinction

13 Hours - Secret soldiers of Benghazi

Transformers 5 - The Last Knight

6 Underground

Ambulance

Edited by ender4

Bad Boys

The Rock

Armageddon

Thats it. Everything else is gash. Transformers is like having a firework go off in your face. 

Someone call a medic, me and @Zatman have agreed on something. I knew he'd come round to my way of thinking soon enough!

• Haha 2

I know that he has produced a decent amount of horror films as well, I know he was involved with a few of the Texas Chainsaw films and when I saw how many he'd done I was quite surprised.

Edit

Thought I'd go and have a look at them

Texas chainsaw massacre
Amityville horror
TCM: The beginning
The Hitcher
The Unborn
Friday the 13th
Nightmare on Elm Street
The Purge
The Purge Anarchy
Ouija 
Purge Election Year
Ouija: Origin of Evil
A Quiet Place
The First Puge
Quite Place 2
The Forever Purge

Edited by leemond2008

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

Bad Boys

The Rock

Armageddon

The Island

Transformers

Those are my picks. Bad Boys, The Rock and Armageddon are all great movies. I liked The Island and the first Transformers is a guilty pleasure of mine although I think it’s because it was the spectacle of having my childhood heroes & villains come to life in cgi on screen (the rest of them can get in the bin, the Bumblebee film was ok though but that wasn’t Bay). 

Mr Bay, you (haven’t) got the touch. You (haven’t) got the power. 

3 hours ago, ender4 said:

Your 15 choices are:

Bad Boys

The Rock

Armageddon

Pearl Harbor

The Island

Transformers

Pain and Gain

6 Underground

Ambulance

A list of some of the worst films ever made. Maybe The Rock gets a 5/10, Bad Boys a 4/10 and the rest 1 or 0

17 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

A list of some of the worst films ever made. Maybe The Rock gets a 5/10, Bad Boys a 4/10 and the rest 1 or 0

Naaaaah

For what they are, loud bashful throw away 90s action films bad boys and the rock are near the top of their class

There's a lot of shit on the list elsewhere but those films as a snapshot of their time are stone cold 9 out of 10s

Name better 90s films? Ronin, point break, speed, face off, con air... I'd take those 2 over them lot, they do exist, T2 and the matrix are 90s, die hard 3 too but they're great films 

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Sean Connery was cool in the rock, Nicolas Cage though, terrible, as terrible as Con Air. Actually thinking about his other films, he's a pretty poor actor.

But it's aged in an almost kind of funny way

"it's not mine" is almost as good as "put the bunny back in the box" 

Not sure if there is an actor that's aged as badly as him but at the time he was brilliant 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ender4 said:

Your 15 choices are:

Bad Boys

The Rock

Armageddon

Pearl Harbor

The Island

Transformers

Pain and Gain

6 Underground

Ambulance

Everything after the first transformers film is shit, most of the stuff before was good but deeply flawed if you really wanted to critique them.

The Rock is one of the best 90s popcorn action flicks. It's dumb, but it's right on the line of not being too stupid. It has some really good action scenes, it's funny, it has a decent plot that has slightly more depth then you'd ever expect from this kind of thing, and it has that fun overblown hyper dramatic tone (conspiracies! Spies held without trial! Mutiny of the best soldiers because they have been wronged by the suits! WMDs! Alcatraz!) that makes it like a 10 year olds favourite army storybook got made into a big budget action movie. And it's pretty well acted all being considered, in that slightly hyped character style that matches the slightly dumb plot. And yes it's Cage doing his Cage thing, but it works for a character that is meant to be a neurotic tech guy.

It's kinda great. Everything else he's done had been variations of pure shit. But the Rock is a good bit of action movie filmmaking.

Â