Michael Bay films - best and worst

ender4

5 hours ago, ender4 said:

The Rock

has anyone read the fan theory website that Connery’s character is actually James Bond ?

The website delves into the time line a little and comes up with some interesting theories  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

A list of some of the worst films ever made. Maybe The Rock gets a 5/10, Bad Boys a 4/10 and the rest 1 or 0

Arent you a Gerrard fan? The poor mans Michael Bay of management, spends big money but actually not good enough for the explosions

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

has anyone read the fan theory website that Connery’s character is actually James Bond ?

The website delves into the time line a little and comes up with some interesting theories  

Wow, pretty compelling argument 

When at Uni one of my house mates was very sheltered so hadnt seen any films of note, esepecially 90s action crap. Armageddon and The Rock were straight on the list alongside Con Air, Face Off and Die Hard 1 & 3. Michael Bay films do make the Die Hard films seem feasible though. 

Time and place for Armageddon and The Rock, accept what they are and enjoy. 

That list is a lot of shit but jesus The Island is the **** worst. 

18 hours ago, ender4 said:

Name your favourite(s) and least favourite(s) Michael Bay directed films. Why?

Your 15 choices are:

Bad Boys

The Rock

Armageddon

Pearl Harbor

The Island

Transformers

Transformers 2 - Revenge of the Fallen

Transformers 3 - Dark of the Moon

Pain and Gain

Transformers 4 - Age of Extinction

13 Hours - Secret soldiers of Benghazi

Transformers 5 - The Last Knight

6 Underground

Ambulance

Bad Boys and Pain and Gain are passable as popcorn braindead movies.

The rest are all pretty awful.

Anything from the Transformers franchise is absolute dogshit

Aaaaaah Michael Bay. Utter trash the vast majority of time.

Remember going to see The Island at the cinema back in the day and the scene where one character has a gun against two replicas (one being real and the other a clone or whatever it was) was just too much cliché for me to handle. Gave up on the movie at that point and just walked out. Only film I have actively decided to just stop and never complete.

Gotta admit that I do enjoy Armageddon and The Rock though. Both are stupid but enjoyable movies.

How can you put Armageddon above Bad Boys? It's garbage. I can only assume it's cuz you like the bit of fluff that's in it.

On a totally unrelated note, the first Transformers was good.

Spoiler

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e4705ppl9l7adaz9r06b

TBH I actually like most of Bay's films. Deep down I know most are pretty awful but they are the kind of switch your brain off and enjoy films for me. Not every film has to be some pretentious art house film (not saying that anyone is saying that btw)

I really enjoyed Transformers 1 and The Island.   Unrelated, both had extremely hot women in it!

Ambulance, his latest film, was pretty good as well if a LITTLE unrealistic. Ok, very unrealistic - who physically robs a bank nowadays!

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I really enjoyed Transformers 1 and The Island.   Unrelated, both had extremely hot women in it!

Ambulance, his latest film, was pretty good as well if a LITTLE unrealistic. Ok, very unrealistic - who physically robs a bank nowadays!

He did the Transformers movies. I hope they're unrealistic!

• Haha 1

The only good Transformers movie is the one Bay didn't have much involvement in, Bumblebee. Which genuinely is a decent movie. And actually made a successful attempt to do modernised classic looks for the Transformers, rather than the abominations Bay signed off on.

• Like 1

Â