A Full English Breakfast

villa4europe

4 hours ago, bickster said:

Thought we try out a local cafe for a brekky. @Xelabean separation in action (that won’t last long)

IMG_1764.jpeg

i mean im never going to say no to a breakfast but the hash brown looks the best thing on that plate, everything else looks like a solid but uninspiring 6/10 WB

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

fixed that for you 

IMG_1764.thumb.jpeg.7bd8683a38a47cc5b66dad45111f5cf3.jpeg

Bacon, egg and sausage is not a full English breakfast. The clue is in the name. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Ultimately, we need to see the toast quality and quantity to confirm if we're leaving hungry.

Thick slice sourdough

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Bacon, egg and sausage is not a full English breakfast. The clue is in the name. 

alas , my photoshop skills weren't good enough to add toast and a cup of coffee   , so I merely removed the stuff that had no right being on the plate :) 

on another day I might have left the hash brown , but really that would make it an American breakfast and then you'd have to triple its size and add pancakes 

Edited by tonyh29

Lots of breakfast craziness but at least there's none of those 'no butter on a bacon sarnie' freaks about. 

Gawwwwd, could you imagine.  There's actually people that do that you know.  Not on here of course, no Villa fan would be so abominable but they really are out there.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Lots of breakfast craziness but at least there's none of those 'no butter on a bacon sarnie' freaks about. 

Gawwwwd, could you imagine.  There's actually people that do that you know.  Not on here of course, no Villa fan would be so abominable but they really are out there.

Is it ok if I replace the butter by absorbing all of the juice from the cooking tray into my bread? 'Cause that really enhances the bacon-ness of the sandwich for me rather than hiding it behind the albeit delicious taste of butter, yet without losing any of that precious fat.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Is it ok if I replace the butter by absorbing all of the juice from the cooking tray into my bread? 'Cause that really enhances the bacon-ness of the sandwich for me rather than hiding it behind the albeit delicious taste of butter, yet without losing any of that precious fat.

No.  Do both.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

No.  Do both.

In which order? Butter first and you're preventing the bread from absorbing the bacon fat. Bacon fat first and....maybe you'll get some back in the butter tub by mistake. Ok bacon fat first.

Edited by fightoffyour

59 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

In which order? Butter first and you're preventing the bread from absorbing the bacon fat. Bacon fat first and....maybe you'll get some back in the butter tub by mistake. Ok bacon fat first.

Two slices, fat on one, butter on the other. 

OR... do as my my missus does - make the bacon sarnie with buttered bread, then lightly fry both (outer) sides in the pan fat. 

• Like 3

On 22/03/2024 at 11:03, bickster said:

Thought we try out a local cafe for a brekky. @Xelabean separation in action (that won’t last long)

IMG_1764.jpeg

Why did they decide not to cook the bacon?

Eggs - would give them a pass grade.

Beans - top marks for the bean seperation but a little too much bean juice.

Tomato - see bacon.

Black pudding - no wouldn't eat that.

Mushrooms - not a big fan anyway. Also see Tomato.

Hash Brown - looks OK so would give that a try.

Sausage - pass grade but normally like to chew on 2 sausages in the morning.

Also missing a slice of fried bread which rounds off a breakfast nicely.

Overall grade 5/10 WNB.

• Like 2

I agree with the honourable gentleman @Brumstopdogs

Crisp the bacon up, hoy another sausage on, frisbee the black pudding out the window and drain the bean juice - top marks on the ramekin use though. 

Add a rack of toast and some fried bread and we are good to go. Washed down with juice and coffee. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, villa4europe said:

i mean im never going to say no to a breakfast but the hash brown looks the best thing on that plate, everything else looks like a solid but uninspiring 6/10 WB

Yeah no way am I going near bacon that's as raw as that, and the eggs need turning.

I'm very picky.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

This guy gets it.

• Thanks 1

Â