A Full English Breakfast

villa4europe

4 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

The toast needs some good buttering that it presumably got, the egg is looking dangerously on the edge of being over cooked but could be nicely over easy, plate is a bit too decorative for an FEB. No Guinness in sight.

I can't eat egg if it's not done both sides, plus it was a duck egg (much superior) and needs a bit of extra cooking

14 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Would bang 👍

Seems strange that I'm desperately trying to pick fault whilst at the same time thinking **** hell I'd smash that 😂 what sausages are those? That'd probably all I've got 

Iceland Irish Recipe frozen sausage, reasonably cheap and tastier than I was expecting

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

I can't eat egg if it's not done both sides, plus it was a duck egg (much superior) and needs a bit of extra cooking

As long as the yolk is runny I’m game

4 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

As long as the yolk is runny I’m game

Always need a runny yolk, but not a snotty one :puke:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Further down the same road there was another Little Chef, just past Hagley. It’s now the Fig and Favour, used to be good for a FEB 

Fig and Favour is a great little place for brunch. Never had a complaint. Badgers Set on the other hand... *shudders*

• Like 2

What was the name of the other 'A road' chain, that wasn't Little Chef? They were very similar, even had the red colour scheme. 

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

What was the name of the other 'A road' chain, that wasn't Little Chef? They were very similar, even had the red colour scheme. 

image.png.15fc5ba48f3508a022cafd0aaac82c45.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I may have asked this before, but what 'non traditional' food item would you add to a 'traditional' full English breakfast? 

Appalling lack of ramekin action on the last couple of pages. Savages. 

26 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

I may have asked this before, but what 'non traditional' food item would you add to a 'traditional' full English breakfast? 

A flump.

30 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

Sweet corn. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

WHAT

Embrace the chaos. 

I will caveat it, by saying I haven't actually done it as i'm a traditionalist at heart. Meat and potatoes, straight up and down, don't trust the Argies, dick in the fanny, beef wellington, type of guy. But I'd have sausage, waffles and sweet corn, so its not a million miles away, is it? 

Edited by Xela
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, T-Dog said:

Cheese 

Melted cheese especially makes everything better, never actually tried it, eaten cheese on toast with beans plenty of times but never gone full English with it

Maybe some sort of grilled cheese would work too

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

Embrace the chaos. 

I will caveat it, by saying I haven't actually done it as i'm a traditionalist at heart. Meat and potatoes, straight up and down, don't trust the Argies, dick in the fanny, beef wellington, type of guy. But I'd have sausage, waffles and sweet corn, so its not a million miles away, is it? 

Sausage, waffles and.... WHAT? That in itself is absurd! 

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Cheese 

Melted cheese especially makes everything better, never actually tried it, eaten cheese on toast with beans plenty of times but never gone full English with it

Maybe some sort of grilled cheese would work too

Cheese on a bacon sandwich is Top tier. Especially Mexicana cheese.

1 hour ago, T-Dog said:

Chips

Any addition to the FEB would have to be potato-based. So hash browns or chips. Although my choice would be some variant of bubble and squeak (preferably with fried onions in the mash). 

Â