A Full English Breakfast

villa4europe

8 hours ago, Xela said:

Standard full breakfast - 2 sausage. 2 bacon, 1 egg, 2 hash browns, bean, mushrooms and toast. 

Bigger one adds fried bread, an extra hash brown, extra egg, black pudding and a big curly cumberland sausage thing instead of 2 standard ones. 

Price difference?

Cos I'm not sure I'd finish it but I'd have to go bigger (kw)

On 20/05/2023 at 13:24, Follyfoot said:

07875c53-208f-4ea7-94aa-0dedf6c933fb.jpe

image.jpeg.605662d0dd469dadfd836f5d44e5234c.jpeg

That's not an English flag. Furthermore, a Full Welsh or Full Scottish breakfast is different to an English one so the Union Jack has no place being on that plate. 1/10. ;)

• Like 2

On 19/09/2022 at 18:12, villa4europe said:

those rules in mind...

start with the bread, 2 pieces of toast actually toasted and well buttered, 1 piece of fried bread, for me personally 1 fried egg cooked in a clean pan in clean oil sunny side up (i hate cafe fried eggs with the burned bottom), 2 sausages, 3 rashers of back bacon (smoked or unsmoked doesnt bother me) black pudding cut in to slices that enable you to crisp the outside but leave the inside kind of medium rare, chopped mushrooms, 2 hash browns but near overcooked they have to be crispy verging on crunchy or get them out of there (spoons nail the hash browns to be fair to them) beans cooked until the juice has gone and then served on the plate slightly covering 1 piece of the toast and the fried bread and you have to get the bread to bean ratio right

no tomato and definitely nothing green

brown or tomato sauce doesnt bother me, ill use either

Is the correct answer.

On 23/03/2023 at 21:21, blandy said:

It's unclear at this point, whether the VT massive dem (dem, not Dem) considers smoked or unsmoked, dry cured or that other stuff full of white gack to be the bacon of choice for the FEB.

It has to be unsmoked back bacon. Ive lived in many countries and the hardest thing to find around the world is bacon that isn't streaky (that and good sausages). When I find proper bacon it's like a god send. 

Streaky bacon belongs nowhere near a FEB. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

It has to be unsmoked back bacon. Ive lived in many countries and the hardest thing to find around the world is bacon that isn't streaky (that and good sausages). When I find proper bacon it's like a god send. 

Living in Germany I definitley agree, even when they do special "British style bacon" it's shite that's too thin and goes to a crispy brittle waste of time after 30 seconds in the pan

As a side I also can't quite work out what they do with their black pudding, not convinced they put oats in, the flavour is OK but it doesn't keep it's disc shape when cooking, it falls apart

Sausage I obviously have no problem with (kW)

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I've heard my expat dad saying this same thing for half a century ... it never stops. You people and your blessed breakfasts ... 😉 

• 1 month later...
On 08/07/2023 at 11:09, Marka Ragnos said:

I've heard my expat dad saying this same thing for half a century ... it never stops. You people and your blessed breakfasts ... 😉 

You thing is, proper bacon is so ubiquitous in the UK it would never even enter your head that you can't get it anywhere else. Then you leave home and it's as if pigs grow differently.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

You thing is, proper bacon is so ubiquitous in the UK it would never even enter your head that you can't get it anywhere else. Then you leave home and it's as if pigs grow differently.

Same with steak and kidney pies and meat pies in general --- never really found decent ones away from the British Isles. What I would give even for a local store where I could buy a humble Pukka pie.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

May score low due to the lack of pig. 

I was initially confused by its full description as a veggie sausage stack.

It’s a veggie patty, of veggie not meat. But it was fine, one of those ones where if you didn’t tell someone it was veggie there is no way they’d have questioned it. Certainly significantly better than the reheated Starbucks equivalent which I don’t think any ‘bucks in the country has ever heated one to a point that the middle is warm, without the outside being heat dried to being inedible. They appear to have a basic problem with that one. 

On 10/08/2023 at 20:51, mottaloo said:

A full english breakfast crumpet burger - could be worth a go !

FB_IMG_1691696884499.jpg

assuming there is no beans , tomato or black pudding shenanigans going on (I'll forgive the green speckled thingys)  that looks the absolute nuts 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I had a full brekkie yesterday at my favourite place in Lichfield. Absolutely superb. 

The sausages were glorious*

* not fishing for a KW

• Like 3

Â