A Full English Breakfast

villa4europe

On 23/03/2024 at 14:56, Designer1 said:

Weve done this one a few times on here but Butter or marge on a bacon or sausage sandwich is an absolute no no for me.

Brown sauce or at a push ketchup but anything else is complete anathema around these parts.

A little bit of mustard mixed in marmalade 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
On 22/03/2024 at 16:45, fightoffyour said:

Is it ok if I replace the butter by absorbing all of the juice from the cooking tray into my bread? 'Cause that really enhances the bacon-ness of the sandwich for me rather than hiding it behind the albeit delicious taste of butter, yet without losing any of that precious fat.

Then stick it in the air fryer for a sexy fried bread addition 

Edited by Follyfoot

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Xela said:

£50 brekkie (for two)

Doesn’t look anywhere near as good as the roast beef dinner I had in there last weekend, that was superb

What is the correct proportion of items on a good Full English?

How many sausage/bacon/egg/hash browns and that?

I'd always rather have more bacon than sausage (ooer), but I do like an extra hash brown. And, it has to be the correct balance of wet and dry together. Not too much beans, egg, sloppy toms, but not too dry.

I don't think people consider this enough. 

3 rashers, 2 sausages, 2 hashy b's, 1 egg, ramekin of beans, ramekin of tomatoes, maybe a touch more, and then two portions of some kind of bread (toast, fried, or just bread). That's me.

So 3:2:2:1:1:1:2 for the bacon/sausage/hb/egg/beans/toms/bread (don't do mushrooms, so add a zero to the end for the mouldy devil lumps)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

Good question, thanks for asking.

2 sausage, 2 egg, 2 bacon, 2 hashers, 2 slices of toast, 2 slices of lightly friend bread (sometimes), a ramekin of non sloppy beans and maybe a grilled tomato for garnish. 

Mushrooms and black pudding in the bin. 

Hot drink and glass of juice.

Usually followed by a big poo about 30 mins later. 

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Xela said:

Usually followed by a big poo about 30 mins later. 

You could sell that back to the mushroom eaters mate, would taste the same

• Like 1

I will so, very wary about people that have as many sausage (ooer) as bacon, and anyone that has more saus than bacon - No. Red Flag.

I think eggs, toms, beans needs to be measured against the carbs. Two eggs, fine, but you gotta have enough Hashy B there. Extra beans? Extra bread. That's gotta be the rules.

2 hours ago, T-Dog said:

I'd always rather have more bacon than sausage (ooer), but I do like an extra hash brown. And, it has to be the correct balance of wet and dry together. Not too much beans, egg, sloppy toms, but not too dry.

3 rashers, 2 sausages, 2 hashy b's, 1 egg, ramekin of beans, ramekin of tomatoes, maybe a touch more, and then two portions of some kind of bread (toast, fried, or just bread). That's me.

So 3:2:2:1:1:1:2 for the bacon/sausage/hb/egg/beans/toms/bread (don't do mushrooms, so add a zero to the end for the mouldy devil lumps)

And always use a sausage as a breakwater between the egg and the beans. You may want to mix, but it should be your choice

• Like 2

On 08/04/2024 at 19:51, Xela said:

£50 brekkie (for two)

DSC00818-1.jpg

Looks nice, butter ratio is good, bean juice properly reduced down, few alcoholic drinks included and it must be one of those sets per person so we're looking at £25 there - I'm in.

10 hours ago, T-Dog said:

thinking about my typical order if i do a premier inn breakfast, i think mine is along the lines of:

3 saus, 3 bacon, 2 egg (fried), 2 hash brown, black pudding, beans, toast. none of this mushroom or tomato nonsense. and fried bread is never any good unless you do it yourself so i tend not to order it.

Posted (edited)

3 bacon, 1 or 2 sausages, 1 or 2 eggs, 1 sliced fried tomato (not tinned), beans (on the plate), 1 large field mushroom (or a handful of sliced closed cup mushrooms), 1 or 2 black pudding, 2 fried bread. Hash browns acceptable, but not canonical. Salt. White pepper. 

2 toast (white), butter, marmalade. 

Orange juice.

Tea or coffee (depending on mood), milk, no sugar. 

All ingredients must be of top quality. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

2 of everything. Aside from toast, then its 1 toast and 1 fried bread. Any separating of beans makes us no better than chimpanzees. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, T-Dog said:

This is pretty much spot on for me although the beans don't need to be in a ramekin

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

3 bacon, 2 sausages, 2 fried eggs, 2 hash browns, 2 pieces of black pudding or 1 black and 1 white, half a tin of beans reduced to ****, 1 fried/grilled tomato in halves, 1 large field mushroom (or a handful of sliced closed cup mushrooms), 1 slice of toast in halves (non-triangular), 1 half of fried bread, 1 half of soda bread, 1 potato farl, tub of butter (not pissy little packets and not fridge temperature), mug of tea, cup of orange juice, pint of Guinness, ciggie and a diet coke, kit kat and a wank.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

Â