A Full English Breakfast

villa4europe

6 minutes ago, Xann said:

Think you're an outlier on the probability curve there? Unless you're consciously or unconciously averse to the sort of establishment that would offer it?

Probably right there. Feel it might be more prevalent in the south. 

8 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Probably right there. Feel it might be more prevalent in the south. 

It tends to be the type of place that's essentially the same as a caf from half a century ago.

image-1227587050.jpg.57332f84adb45fe28156b4d6abb7c528.jpg

andrews10_b1c4238565e39e683482c54adbf7712d-4224440396.jpg.30f84d3624cb571620dee9cd25dcb277.jpg

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Xela said:

Didn't touch the sides mate!

Plus I was on a table next to a load of builders so didn't want to look like an Instagram fanny, taking pics of food! :D 

I was in town once (undercover, mate) and stood next to the roughest, hairiest arsed looking scouse builder in macdonalds and I heard him ask for a cappuccino 😮.....so you never know who you are sitting or standing alongside, so be yourself and take those pics !

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I was in town once (undercover, mate) and stood next to the roughest, hairiest arsed looking scouse builder in macdonalds and I heard him ask for a cappuccino 😮.....so you never know who you are sitting or standing alongside, so be yourself and take those pics !

We're sophisticated oop norf 

Theres independent coffee shops everywhere in Liverpool, I've literally just come back in from the one at the end of my road with two lattes.

I've never even thought about it before but Scousers generally do know how they like their coffee. I'm not sure if hat makes Liverpool different or the same as most places.

Though the McDs “coffee is alright” statement that people come out with is bollocks, it’s dishwater

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, bickster said:

We're sophisticated oop norf 

Theres independent coffee shops everywhere in Liverpool, I've literally just come back in from the one at the end of my road with two lattes.

I've never even thought about it before but Scousers generally do know how they like their coffee. I'm not sure if hat makes Liverpool different or the same as most places.

Though the McDs “coffee is alright” statement that people come out with is bollocks, it’s dishwater

Independent stores because they've successfully fought off the likes of Costa and starbucks or because the big boys haven't really bothered?

Even in Kidderminster you'd do well to open your own coffee shop, 3 costas, 1 starbucks, 1 Nero, 2 x mccafes*, then Morrisons, tesco, m&s, sainsburys all have their own cafe too

* not a coffee drinker so it means nothing to me but don't McDonald's actually do good coffee? And with the size of them are tge biggest coffee shop in the world?

Edited by villa4europe

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Independent stores because they've successfully fought off the likes of Costa and starbucks or because the big boys haven't really bothered?

plenty of that shit here too

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Even in Kidderminster you'd do well to open your own coffee shop, 3 costas, 1 starbucks, 1 Nero, 2 x mccafes*, then Morrisons, tesco, m&s, sainsburys all have their own cafe too

* not a coffee drinker so it means nothing to me but don't McDonald's actually do good coffee? And with the size of them are tge biggest coffee shop in the world?

THe only one of those listed that does halfway decent coffee is Nero

On 01/04/2023 at 23:01, TB said:

Speaking as a foreigner, the FEB essentials for me are bacon, sausages, fried eggs, mushrooms, beans, (half of) a fried tomato, well-buttered toast or fried bread.  I'll eat the black pudding if it's on the plate, but don't mind it's absence. No more veggies of any kind on there for me, please.  I've had FEB served with chips (yes, even in the UK, but more often in Europe) or hash browns. Of those two, I prefer well-cooked chips, but to me, those two don't belong on the plate. I have never, ever, seen bubble and squeak included in a FEB anywhere. In the UK or abroad.

Where are the veggies at all? Beans are legumes and mushrooms are fungus. Tomato is fruit 😀

9 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Tray for one looks good, would take that down with a bit of Guinness lubrication.

4 hours ago, bickster said:

61df1ae6-c08f-47a0-803f-aa2d470a92ce_tex

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Where a red the veggies at all? Beans are legumes and mushrooms are fungus. Tomato is fruit 😀

I was thinking of the half tomato and the tomato sauce accompanying the beans. Yes, tomato is a fruit (banana is a berry, btw). But to quote Miles Kington: "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.” IMO, tomato should be treated as a vegetable.

11 minutes ago, TB said:

I was thinking of the half tomato and the tomato sauce accompanying the beans. Yes, tomato is a fruit (banana is a berry, btw). But to quote Miles Kington: "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.” IMO, tomato should be treated as a vegetable.

Some word removed teacher at first year of primary school got us to list fruits and being a clever little clearing in the woods I convinced my new acquaintances that tomato was indeed a fruit (“trust me, trust me”). word removed teacher said it was incorrect. **** word removed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Some word removed teacher at first year of primary school got us to list fruits and being a clever little clearing in the woods I convinced my new acquaintances that tomato was indeed a fruit (“trust me, trust me”). word removed teacher said it was incorrect. **** word removed.

I had a similar experience in the Norwegian equivalent of Sixth Form College... An older student who had spent some years as a sailor before returning to school claimed in-class that the people in Brazil spoke Spanish, while the rest of South America spoke Portuguese. Naturally, I protested. The teacher asked me: "Have you actually been there? He has!" Pitying smiles all around...

Edited by TB
Got the US and UK versions of upper secondary school mixed up
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Went out for a full English at my favourite cafe in Lichfield today. 

Its a bold claim, but the breakfast today was probably the best full English I have ever had. Everything was just 10/10 WB.

Not one for the purists as I subbed out the beans for an extra fried egg, so I expect to hear cries of "how can you have no wet on the plate!' on here, but I don't mind. The oesophageal lubrication was provided by the coffee, water and yolks. 

Damn Fine Cafe is name of the place, in central Lichfield. I've been before and mentioned on here but today they excelled themselves. 

07OzgtWpyKqE.gif

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Xela said:

Went out for a full English at my favourite cafe in Lichfield today. 

Its a bold claim, but the breakfast today was probably the best full English I have ever had. Everything was just 10/10 WB.

Not one for the purists as I subbed out the beans for an extra fried egg, so I expect to hear cries of "how can you have no wet on the plate!' on here, but I don't mind. The oesophageal lubrication was provided by the coffee, water and yolks. 

Damn Fine Cafe is name of the place, in central Lichfield. I've been before and mentioned on here but today they excelled themselves. 

07OzgtWpyKqE.gif

The full English breakfast or the bigger breakfast and what is the difference between the two in sausage and bacon terms?

7 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

The full English breakfast or the bigger breakfast and what is the difference between the two in sausage and bacon terms?

Standard full breakfast - 2 sausage. 2 bacon, 1 egg, 2 hash browns, bean, mushrooms and toast. 

Bigger one adds fried bread, an extra hash brown, extra egg, black pudding and a big curly cumberland sausage thing instead of 2 standard ones. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I hear a caff in Lichfield is serving up what it calls a full English breakfast but is subbing out beans for bean racists. Basically that's how triggers broom starts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â