January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

Looking back at past windows, the club tends to do business long before the window closes so I don't see a whole lot of activity today. Maybe a loan but I doubt that. 

It will be a disappointing window but given the amount of panic buys you see in the January window I wouldn't blame the club for waiting till Summer. 

9 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I think we’ll either do a really big deal or nothing at all, as opposed to loans.

Begs the question, do we actually want Gallagher and are just waiting for Chelsea to sort their 10-year deal out for Fernandez before we make a move?

Think Chelsea want to get that one over the line this window, as UEFA will put an end to their long contract loophole in the summer. I'd rather not do them a favour and sign one of their unwanted players, if it means they don't get Enzo.

4 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Looking back at past windows, the club tends to do business long before the window closes so I don't see a whole lot of activity today. Maybe a loan but I doubt that. 

It will be a disappointing window but given the amount of panic buys you see in the January window I wouldn't blame the club for waiting till Summer. 

I think it will be a quiet day. I'm not too disappointed.  Moreno looks like he'll be decent, and Duran hopefully turns into a good player. I think the starting XI is fine.

I'd would have liked us to sign another young winger as backup, Osorio for instance.  But maybe Emery think Kadan will be that player. He give Saka is debut at that age, so hopefully we'll see him a few times in the remaining games.

• Like 3

Would be nice to pick up another winger / wide forward even if it’s just a loan, ideally with an option. Surprised we sent Archer out on loan as he would surely be getting the Ings minutes off the bench over second half of season. It’s not a big deal I suppose since we are safe from relegation but a bad injury really could derail the season still.

14 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Disappointing in terms of ins perhaps, but outs have been pretty decent, even if a couple are loans. Should clear the way for summer spending and put the loan players in the shop window 

52 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Watkins will likely play every game for us this year and next. Get used to it. Try to enjoy it, even. 

Not if he isnt scoring he wont. He needs to work on that. No one is a guranteed starter under emery

1 hour ago, nnock1984 said:

If Dembele goes to Southampton for 3m that will be a shame - one we should have got in for sure. 

I would be happy with Dembele, but he is very much a striker that plays straight through the middle. Emery favours fast strikers that come inside off of one of the wings. It's why he really likes Watkins.

At that price if we were interested we'd certainly get him. Southampton couldn't compete with us.

33 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I think we’ll either do a really big deal or nothing at all, as opposed to loans.

Begs the question, do we actually want Gallagher and are just waiting for Chelsea to sort their 10-year deal out for Fernandez before we make a move?

What would Gallagher add to the squad? Im not saying he’s a bad player but he doesn’t improve our midfield.

56 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So as it stands it’s at best a 5 out of 10 window.  Hopefully that will improve after today.  I can’t imagine Emery will be satisfied with the window.  

He wil be in the summer when we have a gazillion billion $$$ to spend on new players ;) 

I keep reminding people, we only have 18 games left. That's it. Our current squad is more than capable of getting through those with some good results. 

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

He wil be in the summer when we have a gazillion billion $$$ to spend on new players ;) 

I keep reminding people, we only have 18 games left. That's it. Our current squad is more than capable of getting through those with some good results. 

That's nearly half a season. More games than usual at this stage due to the world cup break.

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It's better to not do any business at all that to do what we did previously and buy a load of tosh on huge wages trying to cheat a top 7 place.

We will be fine.  I'd be worried about the squad if Gerrard was still in charge, but Emery is at the wheel. The below is enough to see out the season, add a few youth players as well for good measure.

GK - Martinez/Olsen
RB - A. Young/Cash
CB - Konsa/Chambers
CB - Mings/Carlos
LB - Moreno/Digne
RM - J. Ramsey/McGinn
CM - Luiz/Dendoncker
CM - Kamara/McGinn
LM - Buendia/Coutinho
SS - Bailey/Buendia
CF - Watkins/Duran

• Like 2

Just now, AshVilla said:

Please do not pay 40m for Conor Gallagher.

The window can't close quick enough.

God, could you imagine.

A headless chicken who can't play with the ball anywhere near to the extent we need.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1