January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

Just now, MaVilla said:

Genuine question, what do we think we have got off the books wage wise in Jan so far?

guess....

Ings - 125k

Bednarek - 50k?

Guilbert - 40k?

Sanson - 25k? (half of wages or something?)

so maybe something in the region of 250k p/w?

Surely Guilbert wasn’t on 40k? I imagine Sanson was but like you say, we’ll probably be covering half of those wages at least.

Be surprised if Bednarek was on 50k too. 

We need to shift Coutinho and Dignes wages in the summer. That’s 300k a week right there on two players that probably won’t be starters for us. 

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Surely Guilbert wasn’t on 40k? I imagine Sanson was but like you say, we’ll probably be covering half of those wages at least.

We need to shift Coutinho and Dignes wages in the summer. That’s 300k a week right there on two players that probably won’t be starters for us. 

pretty sure i read somewhere that Guilbert was on 40k from a promotion clause or something, could be wrong tho.

Yeah, was a guess re Bednarek.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Wonder if we might try and get a couple from Chelsea at some point - they've obviously got a ridiculous amount of players and they need to sell some either this window or next. They're overstocked at the back and in midfield (especially if they get Fernandez)

I wasn't sure on Conor Gallagher last summer but he might be worth it now especially if McGinn is being moved on in near future. Not sure he can play out wide though so that probably swings it still towards Guendouzi at some point in next six months who's a touch more versatile. 

Guess Broja could be option aswell but he'll be coming off back of serious injury.

West Ham wanted Broja last summer but you'd think with the Ings signing they wouldn't be interested again.

Feels like the sort we'd target, early 20s so big chance he could develop into decent all round forward who can hit double figures.

Edited by VillaChris

1 hour ago, Indigo said:

That’s really overreaction, we have McGinn, Dendonker, Nakamba isn’t sold either. A.Ramsey could be back (not sure when to be honest). But I think quantity wise we’re ok in that department, Guendouzi would just improve our first 11 with a future view aswell. We weren’t starting Ings (as much as I think he’s good) but we won’t play into his way nor play him much. We might be a bit light in that department but we got potentially a very good player. 
For me our issue is the winger, apart from Bailey we only have Kadan Young, which I don’t mind to give a chance, but if we have the opportunity to get someone like Osorio, would give us more choices and potential. All teams has youngsters to fill the squad. 12 years ago we’ve drawn against Fergie Utd with half of the team from the academy. 

58 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

not blaming owners blaming purslow

We can't blame anyone until we know for sure.

However, it does seem an odd situation, when the manager is so heavily reported as saying he wants players in.....and the Owners want European football, asap......but, the link between the 2 scenarios, seems compromised, to me.

36 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Think Bednarek is on 60k a week at Southampton, no idea if we were paying his full wage.

18 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

That’s really overreaction, we have McGinn, Dendonker, Nakamba isn’t sold either. A.Ramsey could be back (not sure when to be honest). But I think quantity wise we’re ok in that department, Guendouzi would just improve our first 11 with a future view aswell. We weren’t starting Ings (as much as I think he’s good) but we won’t play into his way nor play him much. We might be a bit light in that department but we got potentially a very good player. 
For me our issue is the winger, apart from Bailey we only have Kadan Young, which I don’t mind to give a chance, but if we have the opportunity to get someone like Osorio, would give us more choices and potential. All teams has youngsters to fill the squad. 12 years ago we’ve drawn against Fergie Utd with half of the team from the academy. 

I accept, we need a winger, but one who causes **** and isn't just a passenger.....too many just wait around for the ball like prima donna's....we need ones who hurt teams....where was our scouts when Mitoma was up for grabs?

I still think we need a few more players in, who are comfortable with administering the press.....and press resistant.

We have improved, but still a bit to go.

Edited by TRO

19 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I wasn't sure on Conor Gallagher last summer but he might be worth it now especially if McGinn is being moved on in near future. Not sure he can play out wide though so that probably swings it still towards Guendouzi at some point in next six months who's a touch more versatile. 

Guess Broja could be option aswell but he'll be coming off back of serious injury.

West Ham wanted Broja last summer but you'd think with the Ings signing they wouldn't be interested again.

Feels like the sort we'd target, early 20s so big chance he could develop into decent all round forward who can hit double figures.

I would still take Gallagher......lost his way a bit with Chelsea, who wouldn't....but I would have his industry, but hey.....Its UE's call.

• Like 1

People saying they don't mind no new signings Emery knows what he's doing, but what if Emery himself really wants new signings and he's one hundred percent crestfallen if we don't get any because he thought this was our chance to seize any opportunity and go for Europe. I'm trying to remain positive, who knows what tomorrow and Tuesday may bring.

If we don't sign anyone and it's Emery's will then so be it, might be a chance for some of the younger players to get some game time.

Emery himself has referenced after all wanting a midfielder, winger, and striker in press conferences, although I guess the counterpoint to that is that he's also said we aren't going to sign anyone unless better than what we've got, so I think he will be cool with no new incomings. At the moment I'd still be surprised if we didn't make at least one more signing.

• Like 1

Just now, useless said:

Emery himself has referenced after all wanting a midfielder, winger, and striker in press conferences, although I guess the counterpoint to that is that he's also said we aren't going to sign anyone unless better than what we've got, so I think he will be cool with no new incomings. At the moment I'd still be surprised if we didn't make at least one more signing.

Agree. I think he was clear about us only signing the right players and if not in Jan then in the summer.

• Like 1

People are worried about no new signings but realistically we have 18 games left. No cups, outside chance of Conference league. 

The only "concern" is the lack of a proven striker, but we have Ollie, Bailey and Jhon. That will be enough for 18 games.

But we brought in two players, for no small fees. 

It's a 7/10 window for me so far, not because we made great signings but because we got rid of a lot of players that we paid hefty wages for and who did not feature. That will come handy in the summer.

We are ok.

• Like 1