January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It was posted December 2nd so let's see.

If he's actually a bullshitter, let's hope he's just outstanding with the law of attraction and start chucking him names off a wishlist.

But there is this 🤔

Literally a Charlatan...  The first news that comes out in the negative he'll claim it as his now...

• A player we're linked with signs with someone else
  • A player some like ends up being sold this January
  • Signing a player most don't rate this January
  • Martinez extends his break and isn't back for Spurs this weekend
  • A player picks up a long term injury in training this week
  • Emery slips on a banana peel and breaks his ankle
  • etc...

This guy got two things right so far...  Emery and the fact that Sarr's deal was off.  Spends more time gloating and taunting other Villa Twitter accounts than actually sharing info.  

4 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Being linked with Kondogbia again.  20m euros if to be believed.  Hes 29, thought he was older

amazing, im sure he was in my 1066 FM save as a wonderkid!

how time fly's!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It was posted December 2nd so let's see.

If he's actually a bullshitter, let's hope he's just outstanding with the law of attraction and start chucking him names off a wishlist.

But there is this 🤔

First thing I thought of was Dougie and a contact release 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

this is the type of signing I really want us to be making. I think we have great academy recruitment, but that step for recruiting hot prospects who have a clear pathway for senior level football is what Brighton have struck gold with. Shame we don't do this type of signing. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Linked to Moreno from Betis

I'm not sure how much sense this makes. To me it could mean we need a real second option at left back and we might play Digne in LM in some games given his high quality delivery. 

Two 29yo LBs though. I am not sure this link is real. But if we can get a deal done around £12-14m it's probably worth it. 

9 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Being linked with Kondogbia again.  20m euros if to be believed.  Hes 29, thought he was older

Does this make sense when we've Tim coming back in Summer? I accept if we move Naka on we're short a 6 in midfield. With only Luiz Kamara and Donk

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Does this make sense when we've Tim coming back in Summer? I accept if we move Naka on we're short a 6 in midfield. With only Luiz Kamara and Donk

Depends if they think Tim is ready or whether he needs another season on loan and remember he’s only 19 so plenty of time to get game experience on loan than sitting on our bench.

19 minutes ago, useless said:

We don't tend to sign many players in say the nineteen to twenty- one year age range because they would be blocking the route of our own academy players, we try and get talented youngsters in at an earlier age.

If there was a player of around nineteen or a little older good enough to come straight into our first team that we could get then maybe it would be different, but what's the point in signing say a left-back for around eight million or whatever to initially sit on our bench when all that's going to do is block Chrisene's pathway into the first team squad, or same for any position where we already have an highly rated youngster of our own.

It's why when we were being linked to Mata Sarr I seriously doubted the link as we'd just signed Iroegbunam, who was basically Albion's version of Chukwuemeka/Aaron Ramsey, in terms of how highly rated he was as midfielder.

That Máximo Perrone for example is a nineteen year old midfielder, we've already got Iroegbunam and Aaron Ramsey as highly rated young midfielders, and Ewan Simpson and Omari Kellyman not much younger, and Jacob Ramsey not that much older.

There might be a few exceptions, but I don't think we've invested as much time and money in the academy as we have only for us to then block the pathway of our academy players into the first team squad because we're singing younsgers for the first team squad from other clubs.

'There might be a few exceptions' I think one of those exceptions could potentially be a centre-forward as I don't think we have a young player in that position close to making the first team squad at the moment and maybe not for two or three seasons yet, it might depend on how much we rate Archer.

NSWE buying an additional club/s as rumoured might give us more scope to sign more players with similar profile to the above mentioned new Man City signing.

Very few academy players ever play regular first team football for us despite how well they are viewed in their early years.  

I’ve been watching Villa for 40 years and you get a few through now and then and the academy always seem to have special kids coming through but apart from a few that we can easily list, many play an odd game or games and in later years move onto other clubs and never reach the level we thought they would.  

I don’t mind buying more kids because rather than seeing it as blocking their way, you can see it as creating more competition and then more likely the true cream, that can handle playing first team will come through.  If they are good enough they will get their chance.

• Like 2

Our academy has never been as it is now, as we've never invested so much money into it or made so much of a concerted effort to hoover up as many of the top youngsters from across the country as possible. So comparing the current academy to as it was in the past is pointless, would be like comparing the current team to what that particularly struggled, the one that got relegated for example, doesn't make sense, as it's two completely different things.

53 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Depends if they think Tim is ready or whether he needs another season on loan and remember he’s only 19 so plenty of time to get game experience on loan than sitting on our bench.

I share same view. I'd rather we loaned our players out like Tim, Aaron, Hayden, Archer, JPB etc.. so they get a couple of seasons of regular championship football and are hot property every window for teams wanting them.