Match Thread: Villa v Southampton

limpid

Just now, Spoony said:

Why can no player take a free kick anymore?! Every single one hits the wall or is skied. Even Ronaldo. I just don’t get it. Is Wall Science just so good now that they’re impenetrable??

There were loads more 15-20 years ago, I'm guessing it's the changes to the ball

1 minute ago, burchy said:

Should have been Luiz and Kamara centre two and no McGinn. I’d have been tempted to play Ramsay Watkins Bailey front three with coutinho behind them. 

it’s just dull tepid footie though isn’t it ☹️

If we can come out of it with a win (and we seem to lose a player to long term injury when we get a win). Then it'll be ok

7 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

What a dreadful half of football.

Please, please, please, please sack him and get someone competent in charge

The way I have to describe this to not villa watching friends is that this isn’t a one off.

Yes we are winning and if we won more games than lost this way you would have to accept it.

This is us under Gerrard, lump it up and hope for the best. 

Edited by Nicho
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Salifou was an international

Yeah i understand and agree with alot of peoples frustrations but this " Internationals " tripe is bollox.

Pretty much every team in the Premier League is packed with " Internationals "

Especially when their biggest complaint is about Scottish Captain and " International " John McGinn.

I put up a list from Transfer market showing that we are actually 13th in the League when it comes to active " Internationals "

• Like 2

Just now, thunderball said:

There is that. Take the positives when they are there, but I long for better given the investment and ability in this squad.

don't get me wrong, so do I. hopefully we'll get there.

I'll take the Ws we get in the meantime.

• Like 2

A poor first half, it was like a poor championship game of wasted passes and little quality bar one big phil turn.

Just turgid stuff 

Celebration for the goal but the scouse buffoon is sucking my enthusiasm for my first love.

I want the excitement back decent football and people happy rather than what we are all suffering at the moment, a self pity city bin dipping learner manager.

As a player he was one of the best, as a manager one of the worst.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1