Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

Brentford doing the business, they’ll be well up for their game against Spurs next Saturday now.

If Leicester get a draw against Liverpool then they will have sealed 6th but have little chance of catching Utd. Not sure it would be so unrealistic that liverpool are already on the beach against us though.

10 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Brentford doing the business, they’ll be well up for their game against Spurs next Saturday now.

If Leicester get a draw against Liverpool then they will have sealed 6th but have little chance of catching Utd. Not sure it would be so unrealistic that liverpool are already on the beach against us though.

Toney rumoured to be out for rest of season with hamstring injury. Annoying.

11 minutes ago, Kingman said:

So Brentford are currently 2-0 up with about 10 minutes left and just 4 points behind us and Spurs. 

They now play spurs on Saturday, win that are we lose at Liverpool then only one point between us 3 on the final day, I've not  included Brighton as they still 5 games left so I think 6th is there's to lose. 

There is a risk of us getting 10th, but it’s a small one. Fulham winning next two and Brentford aswell while us losing both. But I’d take that risk if it meant Spurs losing to Brentford while Brighton being pressured and losing aswell. Brentford still have City aswell. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Got to assume that we will need at least a win in our last 2 games which takes Brentford out of the equation. We want them to beat Spurs without a doubt.

Yeah but I very much doubt they get anything City who still will probably need a win but can beat anybody anyway

1 minute ago, Villa87 said:

Happy Brentford won - means they Will be right up for spurs. If they win and we lose doesn’t really matter as we won’t get Europe if we lose our two anyway. 

Spurs could easily lose their two as well and us losing our two and we still get Europe.  Only a 2 goal difference and Spurs defence could leak, I mean we could’ve been a couple up at half time and nobody would’ve complained.  Extreme I know but just saying for completion.  Hopefully not really a consideration.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Got to assume that we will need at least a win in our last 2 games which takes Brentford out of the equation. We want them to beat Spurs without a doubt.

Draw will be fine.

Means if we beat Brighton then Spurs would need to win at Leeds to finish above us, just playing out a draw wouldn't be enough.

11 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I'm not too fussed about arse v brighton.

An arsenal win means they stay behind us, as does a point. 

A brighton win means they are in poll position for eiropa, which may make it easier to beat them last day

What you want is greater optionality, ie more combinations of results that can end in finishing 7th or higher. You get more combinations with Brighton losing, so the only sensible position is to hope Brighton lose. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, duke313 said:

New CL format for 24/25 season, just in time for when we qualify. 

2BFA7B73-88A3-4D80-BB08-D8274B23F8E6.jpeg

I wonder how they’ll choose who plays which eight opponents. I expect it will be seeded to favour the supaleegescum clubs. 

28 minutes ago, duke313 said:

New CL format for 24/25 season, just in time for when we qualify. 

2BFA7B73-88A3-4D80-BB08-D8274B23F8E6.jpeg

Potentially 14 games if there's a two-leg playoff and you get to the final? (Am guessing how the playoffs work)

9 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I wonder how they’ll choose who plays which eight opponents. I expect it will be seeded to favour the supaleegescum clubs. 

Not sure, but it’s interesting seeing a potential 5th CL spot next season.

• Like 1

If Brighton win this we're not ending ahead of them. They'll get easy 3 off Southampton

Need to get something from Liverpool or we're gonna struggle for top 7

Gutting after that win yesterday