Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

Man City Arsenal and Newcastle could do damage against this Brighton team

Villa are unlikely to do much against Spurs and Liverpool though.

But if Brighton concede like that for the rest of the season, there's a chance.

• Like 1

On 06/05/2023 at 23:29, useless said:

I've just done Premier League predictor, but just for ours, Brighton's Brentford's, and Spurs' games

We finish sixth on on sixty points thanks to crucial home wins against Brighton and Tottenham, Spurs also get sixty points but we finish above them on goal difference, I wasn't expecting this but Brighton get just four points from Southampton and Everton, and lose to Newcastle, Arsenal, and Man City.

When you break it up like that not exactly the most far fetched scenario.

Embarrasingly I was wrong about that , but good result for us, as I said just like we eventually lost a couple games so will other teams, so all we can do is keep trying to get as many points as we can between now and the end of the season and see what happens.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YLN said:

I suspect you will see the best performance of the season against Spurs brush them aside.

20 minutes ago, YLN said:

That’s the spirit! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jayEm said:

Crucially, Brighton's goal difference is now only +15 on us.

Don't worry mate, they've got some tough games coming up and we'll score at least 12 without reply in our next 3...

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

35 minutes ago, birdistheword said:

I do assume this 🤪

Oh here we go. The same I told you so rubbish that people came out with when we beat Newcastle. 

PM me and I'll bet you whatever amount of money you like that we will not be finishing above Brighton.

They've lost a game. We've lost the last 2 and are behind them with 2 less games to play.

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

Oh here we go. The same I told you so rubbish that people came out with when we beat Newcastle. 

PM me and I'll bet you whatever amount of money you like that we will not be finishing above Brighton.

They've lost a game. We've lost the last 2 and are behind them with 2 less games to play.

It’s a good thing future matches are played on prior matches result!

Probably inconsequential but if Southampton have something left to play for on the penultimate weekend they might be more likely to get a result against Brighton then. So a Southampton win tonight would be good for that.

Or Southampton will play better when they have the "weight off our shoulders". Who knows.

Yeah Southampton winning would be good for us. Everton win is huge though, we really need to beat Spurs then now. If we manage to give Tottingham a good stuffing then it's back on.

Southampton have quite a good recent record at Brighton from memory but watching them play right now they aren't going to be doing an Everton defensive masterclass, making Aywonyi look like he's Haaland out there.

Bednarek will probably score a 97th minute own goal knowing our luck if they were actually holding Brighton.