Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

50 minutes ago, duke313 said:

United are catchable, but not by us, Liverpool could though.

I think Utd are still catchable by both us and LiVARpool. We also have to play them at Anfield too.

..providing Utd's games in hand come to nothing, either team could still catch them.

As long as we keep winning though, that's the main thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

Most importantly, this doesn't feel like a west ham or leicester in the last few years - this feels sustainable and well managed. 

Agreed -- the fact that Emery is achieving this having only added one player to the squad, selling our leading goalscorer, and has actually not had great luck with injuries (Kamara, Cash, and Coutinho all out for multiple weeks), because he is simply getting all our other players to raise their game and play together, is hugely encouraging

• Like 3

3 hours ago, villaglint said:

How does that work? 

That puts us on 59 points. 

If Brighton win next 7 thats puts them on 70 points. 

It seems alot of peoples predictions are based on a context of every team around us suddenly imploding ffs 🤦🏿‍♂️😂.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Farlz said:

No positive injury updates. All 4 still out but getting closer.

Them getting closer is positive in itself to be fair.

Having them all back to full fitness for the final 3 or so will be massive.

Having them all back and in full flow by Brighton the cream.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Even Unai has said that even if we won our remaining 5 games it most likely wouldn't be enough for Champions League 

In my mind this is obvious, but I hope it helps put some back in line with reality.

Absolutely. Also man u have only lost one at home all season, to Brighton on the opening weekend. It's gonna be very tough

• Like 1

Bit frustrating that Spurs have got Palace at home next weekend. Even though I think Villa won’t get anything this weekend, if did manage to beat Man Utd and Wolves could have been going into that Spurs game knowing a draw/win would have sealed European football with 2 games to spare.  Expect Palace to be on the beach by that game unfortunately.

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Even Unai has said that even if we won our remaining 5 games it most likely wouldn't be enough for Champions League 

In my mind this is obvious, but I hope it helps put some back in line with reality.

Mind games

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If we get ten more points it will equal our highest points total in a 20 team Premier League 

That is what I think our target should be and then after that is a bonus

Mad to think about really. Also kind of shows how uninspiring we've been in the PL era. 

• Like 1