Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Even Unai has said that even if we won our remaining 5 games it most likely wouldn't be enough for Champions League 

In my mind this is obvious, but I hope it helps put some back in line with reality.

In other words there is a chance, no matter how small :hooray:  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

If we get ten more points it will equal our highest points total in a 20 team Premier League 

That is what I think our target should be and then after that is a bonus

Which is exactly our average over the last 20 games.

Start of 3 home games in a row for Brighton today. Expect them to get 9/9 points from those games so if they do drop any points it would be a bonus. Think possibly Everton might be able to get a 0-0 there but think Wolves and Man Utd will be comfortable wins for them. 

37 minutes ago, RichW said:

Start of 3 home games in a row for Brighton today. Expect them to get 9/9 points from those games so if they do drop any points it would be a bonus. Think possibly Everton might be able to get a 0-0 there but think Wolves and Man Utd will be comfortable wins for them. 

Are you serious? They just got trounced by Forest. Could've lost by more than 3-1. They have worse injury issues than us. Following your logic Wolves and Manure will be comfortable wins for us? 

Edited by Kiwivillan

27 minutes ago, RichW said:

I’m not sure.  A few weeks back I would’ve agreed but now they could be on the start of fading with 3 wins in six in the league, defeat in the fa cup, some injuries and fatigue.  They could win their 3 games but they are lowly starting to not pick up results like they were and facing a very poor Everton but who are fighting for their lives, a Wolves team that have re surged in the second half of the season and have ten points in eighteen, then Man U could be brilliant or shocking as they’ve shown and just beat them last weekend so have confidence over them.  I’m not so certain it will be as straight forward for them, it could be 3 tough games.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Are you serious? They just got trounced by Forest. Could've lost by more than 3-1. They have worse injury issues than us. Following your logic Wolves and Manure will be comfortable wins for us? 

After playing that FA Cup semi final I don’t think it was a great surprise they lost away to a Forest side absolutely desperate for points. You say trounced, Brighton still had some very good chances to score that game so it’s not like Brighton were poor.

Wolves are poor away from home, there will be a reaction from Brighton today. It’s pretty well known how poor Man Utd are away to the top half this season, they literally just threw a 2 goal away to what’s a poor Spurs side? Brighton will no doubt be up for beating them, you know just like how Newcastle did against Man Utd before they played us? 

Brighton undoing will be the away fixtures to Arsenal and Newcastle after aswell as the 2 tough fixtures they have after the Southampton game (another game I expect them to win). 

Well if Villa were to play Man Utd and Wolves at Villa Park coming up then I’d probably be just as confident Villa would win those so yes. 

Brighton are having to play lots of ( talented) youngsters.  You would think that as they are not used to playing midweek weekend midweek etc etc etc that they might struggle.

Its Liverpool i fear . They have all the experience of playing for something at the end of the season and have a squad that they can change up every game

Edited by MWARLEY2

32 minutes ago, RichW said:

After playing that FA Cup semi final I don’t think it was a great surprise they lost away to a Forest side absolutely desperate for points. You say trounced, Brighton still had some very good chances to score that game so it’s not like Brighton were poor.

Wolves are poor away from home, there will be a reaction from Brighton today. It’s pretty well known how poor Man Utd are away to the top half this season, they literally just threw a 2 goal away to what’s a poor Spurs side? Brighton will no doubt be up for beating them, you know just like how Newcastle did against Man Utd before they played us? 

Brighton undoing will be the away fixtures to Arsenal and Newcastle after aswell as the 2 tough fixtures they have after the Southampton game (another game I expect them to win). 

Well if Villa were to play Man Utd and Wolves at Villa Park coming up then I’d probably be just as confident Villa would win those so yes. 

Brighton last 4 at home lost 1-0 to Fulham and drew 3-3 with Brentford. We beat them at home with Watkins out. Wolves on form. Just because home games saying they'll beat Wolves and Manure is ridiculous. I think they'll tail off for rest of season

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Brighton last 4 at home lost 1-0 to Fulham and drew 3-3 with Brentford. We beat them at home with Watkins out. Wolves on form. Just because home games saying they'll beat Wolves and Manure is ridiculous. I think they'll tail off for rest of season

Well hopefully my prediction is wrong as if they do drop points in them fixtures would only make me confident Villa will finish above them.

Wolves are in form at home correct, away from home they are not. 1 win away from home all year and that was to Southampton. Don’t see anything there that would suggest Wolves will get anything. Everton gotta go all the way back to 1st October for their last away win, again that was at Southampton. At best I think they will get a 0-0 like at Palace but not got no confidence in that. Hopefully I can look back at this post and I’m wrong but I don’t think my predictions are ridiculous as you say. 

Brightons fixtures against Arsenal, Newcastle, Man City and Villa I’d be surprised if they got even 4 points out of that lot so they probably will tail off with those games. 

Big week for Liverpool, Spurs tomorrow, fulham midweek then Brentford. 3 in a row for London clubs at Anfield.

Brighton's triple header of home games is Wolves later, Man U midweek and then Everton next monday.

Lots of teams will have played their games in hand by the time we play Wolves. Man U v Chelsea and Brightons 2 (Man C and Newcastle) the only exceptions I think. But the table will look a lot tidier after Thursdays match in Brighton

Edited by VILLAMARV
wrongity wrong

37 minutes ago, SecretVillaScout said:

WOW Brighton are risking this big time by leaving their best 3 players on the bench.
FA Cup run might of ruined their European Hopes. 

So happy Stevenage beat us! Thankyou Stevenage.

It’s either foolish and Wolves take advantage first half or inspired and they hold them off before bringing on their 3 best players. 

Hoping Wolves take full advantage as their lineup is the strongest they can go I think.

39 minutes ago, SecretVillaScout said:

WOW Brighton are risking this big time by leaving their best 3 players on the bench.
FA Cup run might of ruined their European Hopes. 

So happy Stevenage beat us! Thankyou Stevenage.

If I'm gonna wish for things, I'd wish for a successful cup run while pushing for Europe at the same time.

I would also wish people start saying "might have" rather than "might of". 

I would take any type of European football. If its conference league great. I think that would probably be the best one at the moment as we have some youngsters that could get a run out.

Champions league we are not ready squad wise, would need a big spending spree. 

Europa league would be pretty good, pretty much like conference league but some bigger European teams.

My worry is the squad, some teams that have qualified for Europe have pretty poor 2nd seasons!  We do need some quality additions. Which European football will attract, but FFP is the problem!