Villa’s Race for Europe 22/23

messi11

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think if we get 10 points from our last 5 games it should be enough

Three wins and a draw. You would think that two of those wins would be against two of the three around us (Pool, BHA, Spurs). The other being either Wolves or Man U. It’s going to be hard but I’ve massive faith in Emery to find a way. 

2 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Still baffled that there isn't more names above our name in the Premier League table.

There are more names now than at the start of the (every)season. Booooo

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Brighton have a lot of games in hand but they have to play them, we’ve the points on the board. 

It’s much better to have the points already and be in form. Let’s see if Brighton can handle the pressure! It’s lining up to be a big last game of the season. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I think we’re going to have to go and win at Wolves to finish in Europe and they’re a good side. Will be a touch match. I think Spurs at home is probably our easiest match left in the run in.

Think wolves will be in beach mode by then. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think we’re going to have to go and win at Wolves to finish in Europe and they’re a good side. Will be a touch match. I think Spurs at home is probably our easiest match left in the run in.

Wolves picking up form as well. 5 really tough fixtures. If we make Europe Emery should be made manager of the year. Unbelievable that we keep the dream going. We can do nothing more. 

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, that would probably do it, tough to achieve though, 3 wins 1 draw and 1 loss or 4 wins and a loss. 

Oh yeah it wont be easy but we can always try

It would take us to 64 points. Brighton can only get to 70 now, Liverpool and Spurs 71 if they win all the remaining games and except Liverpool I dont see the other 2 capable of doing that

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

It would take us to 64 points. Brighton can only get to 70 now, Liverpool and Spurs 71 if they win all the remaining games and except Liverpool I dont see the other 2 capable of doing that

Well they definitely can't both win all their remaining games because Spurs and Liverpool play each other at the weekend. Ideal result for us really would be a draw out of that. 

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Brighton could get to 76 points

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

If we make Europe Emery should be made manager of the year. Unbelievable that we keep the dream going.

He won't get that honour (this season), but that's a top shout. He has to be in the conversation.

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Well they definitely can't both win all their remaining games because Spurs and Liverpool play each other at the weekend. Ideal result for us really would be a draw out of that. 

I think Liverpool win would be better tbh. Need to keep spurs broken and down.

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Man U

Wolves

Spurs 

Liverpool

Brighton 

tough run in, but at least most of these are our rivals for a spot. 

With a bit of smart play, this is possible, bring it on 

The only game there where I feel we’ll be second best is Liverpool (what am I saying). The others, if we set up well and play to the best of our ability, we have a great chance.

I think we’ll beat Wolves, Spurs and Brighton. We need something from one of or both of Utd and Liverpool. 

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

I think Liverpool win would be better tbh. Need to keep spurs broken and down.

I’m inclined to agree. I think Liverpool will finish above us but some good form and we can stay above Brighton and Spurs. 

• Like 1