Leander Dendoncker

HalfTimePost

4 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Swapping him for Bailey today was an absolute master stroke. We had a bit less on the right wing but so much more in the centre of the midfield.

I thought that at first but was really Mcginn for Bailey and Donc playing double pivot with Luiz

Thought he was genuinely outstanding today. For a man that hasn’t played since November and been injured to boot I wondered whether he’d last the pace given how fast we started but he was just terrific the whole game. Don’t remember him losing the ball. Said before the game that this was a massive test for him whether he could be a part of this squad moving forward but he passed it with flying colours. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, FLVillan said:

I actually think we are better on the right wing with SJM out there.  Dendoncker was superb today, just as he was when we beat ManUre.  I wish fans wouldn't define him by his single mistake against Stevenage.  Other than that moment he has been very good for us.  Versatile, mobile, efficient, technically sound and can tackle.  Good player, and outstanding squad player. 

The sample size is very small but he played the Kamara role perfectly today. 

• Like 1

I've been worried the last couple of weeks that the squad was getting thin, with Coutinho, Kamara (re-injured) and Cash succumbing to injuries, but Dendoncker was able to come into the side and do a job. Credit to the player.

29 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

I've been worried the last couple of weeks that the squad was getting thin, with Coutinho, Kamara (re-injured) and Cash succumbing to injuries, but Dendoncker was able to come into the side and do a job. Credit to the player.

If Coutinho was fit I wouldn't have in this game other than a late sub and same for any other tough match left this season

15 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

If Coutinho was fit I wouldn't have in this game other than a late sub and same for any other tough match left this season

I think it's having the confidence that there is someone on the bench in the case of injury. I'd rather all those players playing or on the bench than what we currently have. Your right though, he's not starting in front of Ramsey at this point in time.

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Hopefully the fair plaudits are as loud as the unfair disrespect the lad got due to ONE bad performance, even though he had been good for us before it.

I've always said, at WORST, he's a solid  DCM.

Oh, and Happy Birthday!

Wasn’t even one bad performance from him, it was one bad 20 seconds. Defensive midfield was not the issue in the rest of that game.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Do you think he looked quite good on the ball too? I did. 

35 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

only misplaced one pass all game

Sure I saw somewhere he had a 97 percent pass completion rate or something like that.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sure I saw somewhere he had a 97 percent pass completion rate or something like that.

Yeah was 34/35 passes

He has an outstanding pass completion % overall at 89%. This puts him in top 5% of players in top 5 leagues on fbref

Edited by CVByrne

Other than a crazy minute against Stevenage. He's pulled out these performances in every game for us. Never flashy, does exactly what is asked of him and a very solid sub. He's not going to come on and change a game, but he will give others the change to do that around him.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Should never wear the shirt again apparently 🤣

I mean it was a terrible error but it didn't actually lose us a game. Was 1-1 and we should've just seen it out with 10 men given how little time was left and just won the replay. Ollie going to sleep and being slow to get out at the short corner was nearly as bad but he's more than redeemed himself since.

A few weeks later Kamara did exactly the same v Leicester and Konsa also made a terrible error that should've been punished v Arsenal so with the transition of style of play most players are capable of that sort of mess up.

Only a 3rd round tie aswell, imagine losing a SF because of that type of error.

Â